chapter eighteen

regret

"I'm... I'm sorry Kenma," the girl looked down, her hair draping over her face, "I can't do this right now, I'll talk to you later," and with that she closed the door in the taller boys face, tears starting to roll down both of their cheeks.

He turned around slowly and sped away from her house, thinking hard about where he could go to... To... He didn't know what. He just needed to be somewhere that wasn't here. He thought about heading to the park but he didn't want to ruin the memories he held of him and (Y/N) there. He thought desperately about anywhere he could go, the it came to him and he altered his path accordingly.

He hadn't brought any money with him so he was left alone with his thoughts for the twenty minute journey ahead of him, for better or worse. He recounted the day's events that had led him here.

An hour or so into the first day of training, Akashi had showed up and Kenma had enjoyed seeing (Y/N) so happy at his arrival. She formally introduced the two to each other; everything had gone well... Until the lunch break, that was. Akashi had taken Kenma outside for a 'talk' and promised (Y/N) that he'd at least be civil. From what the girl had already told Kenma about Seijuro, it was safe to say he was worried. And turns out he had every right to be. Seijuro had basically said that he didn't not approve of the relationship and if they didn't not break up Kenma should be aware that Akashi 'has connections'. Kenma immediately told (Y/N) everything, which Akashi thoroughly denied. She had gotten overwhelmed and ran off, Akashi hot on her trail. Kenma wanted so badly to follow but he was forced back into training, promising himself he would head to her house after training. Only to have (Y/N) refusing to speak to him.

That was how he ended up here, outside of Kuroo's house. Tears streaming down his face. He knocked on the door and was greeted by a warm hug from Kuroo's mother, who then led Kenma to her sons room.

He entered his friends room, without knocking and Kuroo looked up at him. His eyes widened in shock as the boy just fell into the taller boys bed,

"Kenma, you're soaking wet," the pudding head hadn't even noticed because,

"I'm losing her," he wailed, "I can't lose her Kuroo. Not now. Not ever."

a/n woo angst. enjoy!