chapter nineteen ~ end

perspective

"You don't have a choice," Akashi said calmly. Him and (Y/N) were sat on the floor of her living room, she discovered Kenma was telling the truth and she wanted to go and see him. She needed to. To make amends and fix things and tell him it'd be alright.

"I need to see him!" she raised her voice, tears starting down her face, "This isn't up to you!"

"No you don't and yes it is," Akashi was still collected and relaxed. His plan was to keep her talking, eventually she'd calm down and he could convince her to move back with him and forget Kenma. Though he hadn't planned for what would happen next,

"I love him," she sounded resigned but with the realisation that this was true, she stood up, "I'm in love with him,"

"No, you are not," Akashi voice grew firm, this was a dangerous path, "you are foolish and young, you do not love him,"

"Shut up, Seijuro!" she blurted out, "You don't know anymore than I do. But I'll tell you one thing I do know,"

"And what is that?" he questioned,

"If you don't support me in this, then it's you I don't love," she got up and stalked out of the apartment and into the street. Her tears and the rain mixed on her face.

Akashi knew what she meant when she talked about loving him, it wasn't the same as it was with Kenma. It was brotherly love she felt for him, and it was a love she could ignore. But Kenma wasn't someone she couldn't ignore and she didn't have much time to make things right.

She thought for a moment but she knew where he'd be. So she set off running down the same path Kenma had only minutes before.

Kuroo stood up from his seat on the floor and moved over to his bed. He sat down slowly next to his friend. Seeing his friend this upset was new, and it hurt him. Kenma sat up, wiping his tears off on his wrists, he practically dropped onto Kuroo, wrapping him in a loose hug. The bed head hugged back, mostly out of shock. Kenma had never hugged him of his own accord and even now it was lacklustre. Like it wasn't even really him,

"I love her," Kenma's voice was low and monotone, "But that bastard is gonna take her away, and I can't do anything,"

The setter felt helpless,  they sat in silence for several minutes until hearing voices downstairs,

"Hello dear," Kuroo's mum opened the door to see a crying girl she easily recognised as she was with Kenma so often, "Oh my gosh, what's wrong?"

"Oh, um," she wiped her tears on the wrists of her sleeves, "It's nothing,"

"Nonesense!" she exclaimed, leading the girl by the hand into the kitchen, "I'll get you a warm cup of tea and you can talk to me about it!"

"Thanks, Miss Kuroo,"

"It's no problem, dear," she stopped making  the tea and headed to the bottom of the stairs, "Tetsurõ!?"

"Yeah?" he sounded preoccupied,

"Your friend is here!" She moved away from the stairs but added as an after thought, "And she's crying."

There was a loud clatter upstairs. And the banging of a door,

"Those boys," Kuroo's mum chuckled, rolling her eyes,

"Boys?" (Y/N) asked, she'd assumed Kenma wasn't here after all but she needed comfort from someone other than Akashi and Kuroo's mum seemed like the best bet.

There was a hail of footsteps coming down the stairs and (Y/N) turned her head to see Kuroo stood with Kenma trailing behind him.

(Y/N) locked eyes with Kenma, they didn't say anything. Nothing needed to be said. They knew. If they were honest, they had always known. That they loved each other. That they were destined to be together no matter how soppy it seemed. The look only lasted a moment. It was as long as
(Y/N) could last without standing from the stool she was sat in and running over to him.

They both latched onto each other in a tight hug and immediately relaxed. It was where they belonged. In each other's arms. And they were both going to stay there as long as they could.

Both of them pulled away slightly, happy tears now streaming down both of their faces. Kenma cupped (Y/N)'s face and stared into her eyes, she stared back,

"I love you," he smiled. But before she could respond, he pulled her face close to his. Locking their mouths together in an soft, warm kiss...

"Woah, woah, woah!" Kuroo exclaimed, starting to pull the pair apart, "Not in front of my mother! Get a room!"

The coupled laughed along with Kuroo's mum. They moved towards the counter, Kenma's arm slung over (Y/N)'s shoulder and the pair sat down at the island with Kuroo on the other side,

"Does this mean I'm third wheeling from now on?"

a/n i feel like this is the end of this story now, let me know if you want me to do any extra chapters as i have a few ideas. enjoy!