Chapter 9

"Harry look, she's alive!" Ron hollered sarcastically. "She survived a night with Malfoy."

"Oh shut up, Ron." Hermione snapped as she sat down. "You know who else is alive?" She paused for dramatic effect. "Lavender."

"Lavender as in Lavender Brown? She's alive?" Ron exclaimed.

Hermione nodded and bit into a slice of toast.

"But she was attacked by Fenrir Greyback," Harry said, obviously surprised. "We saw her dead body."

"I know, it was bizarre. I felt like I was talking to a ghost." Hermione said in a hushed tone. "She said she was on her way to see Aberforth. Apparently he's been helping her through it. Maybe you could ask Bill if he has any advice for her, it must be tough."

"Yeah... Yeah I will," Ron murmured, seemingly deep in thought.

Hermione finished her toast and checked her timetable. "Oo, we have Defence Against the Dark arts. I wonder what Aberforth will be like as a teacher."

"Are you reading the right day, Hermione? We have Potions," Ron said.

"No, look. This is today, and it says we have DADA. Show me yours," she demanded, quite haughtily. Ron passed over his timetable, and sure enough, it said Potions. "Harry and Ginny, what do your timetables say?"

"We both have Charms. Does this mean we aren't all in the same classes?" Ginny said, looking crestfallen. She had been excited to have classes together, now that she was in the same year as them.

"Looks like it. McGonagall said that the classes weren't made up of two houses anymore. It's a mix of the four." Hermione replied. "Don't worry, Gin. Look, we have Herbology and Care of Magical Creatures together."

Ginny smiled, and they all rose to go to class. "See you at lunch," Hermione called as she walked away.