Life After Death

After about ten minutes of cradeling Kat, I pressed play again. "If Jackson is listening well, find a good place to sit back and relax. Now have you ever wondered what happens after you die? Well I have, some say that you come back to an animal, others say that you got to heaven. The real answer and first clue as to where I really am, is slipped into the paws of two animals guaurding, a religious temple, downtown on Broadway Avenue. I want you to find me." Kat sat up and clicked pause, "Come on were going, downtown." She got up got a sweater and got some boots. For a while I couldn't believe anything. Not a word she said, I knew she was my friend, but what if this was a trick? Was someone pulling a prank or dare? I got up, maybe Kat was right we should go downtown, to see if this was real, to find her. I pulled on my shoes and we were out the door. 

"So Ally's alive, somewhere." Kat's voice was shaky, I could tell she was either nervous or desperate. "Yeah, I know. Do you think we can find her?" I asked, maybe that was a bad idea. "Of course we will, even if it takes us all day." This time her voice seemed angry and stern. I decided to stay quite the whole ride there so I wouldn't say anything for the rest of the ride. Kat driving was almost illegal, she was driving like the Mad Hatter would. "Alright were here come on." Kat pressed on the brakes and stepped out. I unbuckled myself, and she was right we were parked by the animal statues Ally talked about in the tape. When I stepped out, my heart stopped, Ally was here and it wasn't a joke, she had left a not in between the animals paws.