Chapter 5

Y/n was looking at me, her eyes half open.

"J-hope....?"

I was so glad that I burst out to tears. But he doctors words are bothering me.

"The bad news is, she would only live for a few months."

It was hard for me to accept it but I have to. I really have to, for Y/n's sake. She the uttered.

"H-How did I get here...?"

Her voice was soft but it was enough for me to hear. But I didn't answered her question.

"You were gone for 4 days straight and I was so worried!"

"J-hope..."

"I was worried sick of you! I didn't know what to do! I didn't know where would I find you and Chantice also helped! I thought that you were out of town or something." I continued to talk and ignore her.

"J-hope..."

"It was my fault for not being with you. I wasn't able to protect and now you're really injured and- ooowwcchhh!!" I winced at the pain.

"J-hope."

Y/n slapped me in the arm really hard. She was now looking at me with a poker face. I looked at her as I touched the place she hit. She sighed then began.

"You didn't answer my question."

"I'm sorry." I apologized as I lowered my head.

"So," she spoke, "What did the doctor said?"

I looked back up at her. I felt nervous. I don't think she can accept it. I don't think she'll understand. I do-.

*slap* "J-hope."

"Ow!"

And now, she slapped me in my cheek. That hurts.

"Will you stop hitting me Y/n-ah?" I nervously asked her.

She nodded and I told her.

"Well, the doctor said that," I paused for awhile as I looked at her nervously. "You only have a few months to live."

She was frozen in place after hearing those words. She asked.

"How many months?"

Her voice was somewhat nervous and afraid and soft all at the same time. I wouldn't say that 'i knew this would happen' because I don't. I don't have future vision to tell.

I got worried at Y/n and I don't know what to do in this type of situations. I just want Y/n to smile again. I just want her to be happy again like she used to. I just- I was cut off my thoughts when I saw Y/n deep in her thoughts and in the verge of tears. She's about to cry.

I held her hand. She got back to her senses and looked at me as I said.

"Don't worry Y/n, I would make every month, every week, every single day, every hour, every minutes, every seconds last like it would last forever. I would try to make you happy once again. I will make you happy, so don't worry about a single thing, Ok?"

A tear escaped her eyes and she weakly smiled. I smiled back at her and she respond.

"Wow, that was really cheesy J-hope."

I only chuckled as she continued to talk.

"But, thank you. That meant so much to me. To be honest, you are the first person that ever said that to me. I just never thought that someone really cares about me."

"Well, at least you know there are two people who does."

Her smile was the most beautiful thing that I have ever saw. It was adorable and I want her to keep that smile on her face.

Though, not for long, I noticed that her cheeks turned pinkish for awhile. That only made me smile even more.

(Y/n's pov)

I felt my cheeks heat up but I was to concentrated by J-hope's bright and cute smile that I didn't bother it. J-hope is the type of guy that I would rather be with. He is kind, fun to be with, polite, cute, and many more. And he is the first guy who made me feel like I'm special even though I don't really care about myself and others.

Oh shush, what am I saying!? It's too obvious! I would never end up with him! I mean, look at him! He's too good and too cute for me. Every girl would be head over heels for this guy because... Just look at him! He's everything. And I'm just a nobody. I'm nothing compared to him. Anyone would be lucky to have him and be with him.

J-hope was poking me on my cheek repeatedly which made me snap back to reality. I looked at him and he keep on poking me cheek as he says my name in unison. I swiftly open my mouth and bit his finger which caused him to scream.

"Aahhhh!!!!"

His scream reminded me of the sheep that screams.

It's quite funny how they both sounded just the same.

I snorted when I let go of his finger. He glared at me playfully but then ended up smiling instead. Oh God, I still have so many question in mind.

"Hey, Y/n," J-hope started.

"What?"

"Have someone ever tried to-"

He was cut off when the door flung open. Chantice looked at us worriedly but her expression changed once she saw then rushed towards us.

"Y/n!" She called.

I smiled at her as I saw her face. It's the one and only Chantice, my one and only best friend. Well, J-hope is also my best friend but, I don't know yet.

"How are you? Are you ok? Did you just woke up? How are you feeling? Are you good? Do you need anything? Do you need something to eat? Do you-" she asked so many question until.

"Boop." J-hope poked her on her cheek.

I snorted, trying so hard not to laugh. Chantice got mad and her face was turning red as she tried to hide the anger she had. She puffed her cheeks as she tried so hard not to burst. But she failed as J-hope continues to poke her cheek with a smile on his face.

"Aahhhh!!! Stop it!!" she burst out, yelling at J-hope.

All I did was hide my laughter under my blanket as I cover my face with it. Gosh, this two could make a great dou.

But, as I was laughing so hard, my chest started to hurt. I winced at the pain and both of them saw it. J-hope pressed the button which called the doctor.

The doctor then rushed inside my room and instructed J-hope and Chantice to leave the room for awhile. All they can do is obey the doctor for both of them were the once who cared for me.

When J-hope and Chantice were outside, the doctor asked me what happened and I told him what happened. He then told me.

"Miss, I forgot to tell your friends that when you laugh to hard, you'll get a severe pain in your chest. And if this will happen for many times, your life will be on the line."

To be continued....