10- A Girl's Night

“I think we need to celebrate.”

“What are we celebrating?” Baker wondered.

Grace shrugged. “This is our first 100% all girls night since we started our road trip and it feels so nice.”

“It’s barely been two weeks,” Sydney reminded her with a laugh.

“Yeah, and that is so long to go without talking about boobs and tampons,” Grace defended.

“We don’t talk about tampons,” I added. “Even when it’s only girls.”

“That’s true, but now that the guys are out playing football and comparing their penis sizes, we can talk about tampons if we wanted to.”

“I’m pretty sure they went to a basketball game,” Erin giggled. That was true, the six guys decided that they wanted to go to some college basketball game while we drove by campus and so we stopped but because none of the girls wanted to go, we deemed it a girls night for girl talk while we parked in the back of the stadium’s parking lot where there was room to park a bus. We actually just parked near another cluster of buses so we didn’t look out of the ordinary and I think those buses were there for a field trip or something.

“It doesn’t matter, you guys are missing the point- let’s talk about tampons!” Grace cheered enthusiastically as all of her packed away estrogen came flowing out all at once just because it’s been hidden away for two weeks now.

“Let’s not,” Baker giggled. “What we need to talk about is Kenton.”

“Oh gosh,” I groaned loudly, thumping into the back of the bed that I was sitting on with Baker. “We really don’t need to talk about Kenton, you guys, okay?”

“Do you like him?” Erin asked me as all five other girls started to stare at me intently for an answer.

“If I tell you will you back off and change the subject?” I wondered hopefully.

“Nope,” Baker admitted. “But you have to tell us anyway because I know where you’re ticklish.”

I groaned loudly again because I really didn’t want to have this conversation with them at all. “Okay, I might have just a teensy crush on the guy, okay? But that doesn’t mean-“

“YES!” Baker and Erin cheered gleefully.

“Have you kissed?”

“Have you held hands?”

“Have you seen him shirtless?”

“Are you going to confess your feelings for him?”

I started getting pelted with questions that I could barely hear because everyone was asking me all at the same time and I could barely even think straight with everyone talking so excitedly around me.

“The answer to all of those questions are no,” I informed them. “It’s just a small crush. I mean, he’s super attractive and he’s nice and funny and amazing. I mean, who can’t have just a small crush on that guy?”

“It’s different with you,” Baker sighed. “Because he likes you back, dummy.”

“No he doesn’t,” I giggle. “He told me so yesterday.”

“Oh, and I assume that you told him the truth? He lied, Lanie, he obviously likes you,” Erin informed me with an eye roll.

“And why do you think that?” I amused her with a small blushy smile.

“Seriously?” She laughed. “Oh, come on, it is so incredibly obvious. Almost as obvious that you like him.”

“I don’t make it obvious,” I argued.