-s i x-

"I really don't feel comfortable going to the lake," Tyler points out. He slows down his pace, causing Josh to have to slow down too. "People like that scare me, they don't ever seem to care about the consequences of their actions; do you know if they even have a solid grip on reality?"

Josh rolls his eyes in annoyance and toys with the frayed strings sprouting from his hoodie, letting out a soft puff of air. He stops abruptly, causing Tyler to practically crash into him in surprise. "If you'd like, you can go home," Josh offers. Tyler nods frantically. "Great, well, I'll see you tomorrow," Josh says before turning away from Tyler and continuing to walk to his destination.

"W-wait!" Tyler exclaims. Josh turns towards him with an exasperated sigh and waits for him to continue. "How am I supposed to get home? I don't know the way out of these woods." Josh raises his eyebrows and shrugs, not offering any help at all.

"I don't know, but I'm sure you'll figure it out."

"But..." Tyler starts weakly, before letting his voice fade out; Josh had already continued traveling. He kicks the ground in frustration and turns to start walking the way he thinks they came. "It's already starting to get dark," he whines to himself, noticing the darkening sky. 

"Fantastic."