-s e v e n-

Tyler chose to try and walk home, but he quickly realized that he made a wrong turn and stopped. He turns around, not even being able to tell which direction Josh went, and lets out an annoyed huff. "This is so STUPID!" he groans. He sighs again, watching his breath disappear into the chilly air. He walks on, despite knowing that it'll probably get him even more lost than he already is. 

After five minutes of walking through the trees, Tyler stops again and looks around. "I have no idea where the frick I'm going!" he grumbles. He wanders around for a few more minutes, eventually coming to a halt by a log and sitting. "I knew this was a bad idea," he sighs dejectedly. 

"Well, I don't think that you're particularly known for making good decisions," a voice says from behind him. Tyler turns around and sees Josh standing about seven feet away, his hands in his pockets. "You know, I haven't been gone that long, but you were pretty damn hard to find," Josh points out. As Tyler stands from the log, Josh walks towards him quietly.

When Josh begins walking past him, Tyler questions, "Where are you going? I thought you were going to help me now." 

Josh doesn't slow down, but he looks over his shoulder briefly and says, "Then hurry up, Joseph; it's cold and dark out here." Tyler's eyes widen before he jogs slightly to catch up with Josh, who walks extremely fast and made no attempt to slow down for the younger boy. 

"Why'd you even come looking for me?" Tyler asks after a few minutes of silence.

Josh doesn't even bother to answer Tyler's question before they reach the end of the forest. After looking at Tyler weirdly for a few seconds, Josh says, "Well you aren't lost in the woods anymore, Joseph, so I'll be on my way now."

"O-Okay then," Tyler answers meekly. Josh nods at him before walking away, leaving Tyler to walk home by himself.

===

(A/N: ive been telling myself that i update once a month but i havent updated since december, but im gonna update on the 9th every month i guess...this chapter was short, but longer than usual so)