-e i g h t-

"Tyler Robert Joseph!" Tyler's mom yells as he walks through the front door at 8:52. "You were supposed to be home almost two hours ago!" she shouts as he takes off his coat, trying to avoid looking at her. "Where could have possibly been? You didn't even call to make sure it was okay! We were worried sick." Tyler purses his lips and nods guiltily, standing straight in front of her, her hands placed on his shoulder. 

"I know, Mom, I'm sorry," he says as he attempts to walk past her towards the kitchen. "I wasn't even that late, it's not even nine."

She blocks him with her arm and shakes her head. "You're supposed to be home by seven, you know that very well," she says sternly. "Where were you?" she asks. Tyler turns around when he hears the front door open. 

"I'm home!" Tyler's dad says as he walks through the door, leaving his coat next to Tyler's. "What happened?" he asks when he sees the annoyed look on Tyler's face.

"Tyler was TWO hours late getting home and he hasn't even offered a reasonable excuse for it," his mother answers. 

"I've been home for seven minutes and you've been talking for 6 and a half of them," Tyler points out. "I was just with a friend and we got lost," he says, his shoulders rising slightly. "I was on my phone all day at school, so it was dead by the time that I even thought of calling home. I'm sorry."

"I didn't know, Tyler, sorry," his mom says.

"I thought your only friend was that Hayley girl in Tenessee." Both he and his mother look towards his dad, who was still standing by the front door holding his keys. Tyler's face burns red as his mother looks at his dad in annoyance. 

"Tyler, you can go eat, your dinner is in the microwave," his mom says. "Your father and I need to talk." His parents walk up the stairs and into their room, their voices too quiet for Tyler to hear. 

---

(A/N: surprise, bitch, two updates in one night and im either gonna update again tonight or start the next chapter and post in next month lmao. this chapter was a mess tho, and i dont want to name his parents so im not going to, u just have to deal with me calling them 'his mom'/'his mother' and 'his dad/'his father)