The romantic wedding!

Grrrrr....Maithili heard her stomach grumble for the nth time....dressed in her really grand 25kg red-golden lehenga, with heaviest of the jewels adorning her, yet, her elegant, simple smile enhancing her beauty. It was finally the day of her life...the day of her marriage with her heart throb. Next to her sat Urmila hitting her flat tummy. Shhhhh!!! Stop complaining you fool! She said to her already hungry tummy! Didi...one thing I hate about marriages is that we girls have to stay empty stomach for an entire day!... I mean they'll ask us to be 'cheerful' after torchuring us like this!!! I really need something to eat or I don't know what catastrophe might happen! Urmila was really sweet but when she turned hungry, lord would fear her!

The brides are called...said the pandit as Maithili and Urmila gracefully entered the 'mandap'. A long saree was kept in between the grooms and the brides so neither of them could see each other. As the Pandit kept on chanting hymns, Maithili heard a whisper and the next moment she realised it was Raghav. Isn't this terrible...he asked, annoyed... I mean...what kind of a ritual is this... I can't even have a glance at my queen.... She chuckled as she turned front and whispered back...once the Kanyadan is complete this screen will be taken off...wait till then my prince... Arey Wah! He said... I said you are my queen and u say I am your prince...this is not fair.... Before she could reply, "Now it is time for Kanya Dan" said the Pandit. As the following ritual took place, the screen was slowly removed and Maithili's hand was placed on Raghav's and so was Urmila's placed on Lakshman's. The moment their eyes met, Raghav became completely lost in her beauty. But surprisingly, Maithili did not even have a little glance of him as she was too shy.

After a few more rituals, Raghav tied three knots of the "Mangal Sutra" around Maithili's neck and finally they were married with the application of Sindhoor.

After taking the blessings of elders, Raghav, Maithili, Lakshman and Urmila sat on the four grand seats which were kept behind the grander feast. As per tradition, Maithili, Urmila, you feed your grooms and they will feed you back. Later you can continue having food....however you want....Kausalya ended with a giggle.

Maithili took kheer and forwarded her hand to Raghav's mouth. Though he was totally lost in her beauty, he was still a little angry on her for not looking at him. After waiting for a moment she realised that Raghav was not yet ready to take the food. In a confusion, she looked at him and saw him staring at her. What!? She signalled through her eyes. Oh yeah...!? First you don't even look at me and now ask what!? Look what I do....he thought in his mind as he opened his mouth. As soon as she put the food in, he slightly bit her finger! Ah! Before she shouted, she realised that she would be the laughing stock if she did so... She simply kept quiet and whispered...sorry for not looking at you... Is it..!? He huskily asked... So...how am I looking!? Without finding words for his handsomeness she said... I'll tell you later...

Night.....

Raghav kept walking back and forth, here and then making his dhoti right. A new feeling of responsibility had took over his mind...but that naughty lover in him had not yet left. He was eagerly waiting for his bride to come in....

Didi.... All the best... Urmila said as she hugged Maithili... Same to you.... Maithili replied to her blushing sister....and one more thing Urmila... DO NOT FIGHT! Didi.... You tell that monkey not to do so...even while feeding me he took such a long time because he knew I was hungry...and you know what...he even bit my fin.... Shhhhhh! Maithili covered her shouting mouth. It's all common Urmila...dont tell these things to anyone ok.... She said looking quiet embarrassed. So you mean Raghav jija did the same thing haan.... She said pinching Maithili's cheek. After one more final hug, they entered their respective rooms where their "Husbands" were waiting for them .

As he heard his door creek, Raghav got up from his bed to see the sight of his life. There she stood, pink colour adorning her milky cheeks, the soft breeze, kissing her long open hairs, her no makeup face, now glowing with the shyness of marriage, her ever beautiful eyes, filled with only love for him, yet, tracing his name on the ground, her most beautiful lips, which he yearned to kiss immediately and lastly, her saree, yellow in colour, her pallu, not pleated but left loose over her shoulders...an angel from heaven she was, for him.

He slowly came to her.... Um.... I ... I...he stammered.... I love you.... He said looking at the ground.... She did nothing but giggle at his cuteness... Probably you are the only husband who has said 'I love you ' on the wedding night.... She laughed. He looked at her... How was I looking in our marriage? ...you said u'll tell me later....

She suddenly pulled him to tight hug.... I hope u got my answer...she whispered.... The light breeze, the moonlight, all that nature which created the most romantic atmosphere for him pursued him to love her more. He broke the hug very slowly as he held her cheek. He came closer....and closer...and closer till his breath tickled her lips. She closed her eyes...but the anticipated kiss did not arrive! Instead, he held her waist as he lifted her in his arms....she looked into his beautiful eyes which always made her loose her balance....

He placed her on the bed as he came on top of her, putting his least weight. And guess what...they wore no ornaments!

How many children do you want? He asked. Raghav....don't tell me you are planning for children now itself! She said, a little shocked. I would never even think of that without your permission love.... I simply asked as I seriously don't have any matter to talk about !

Hello...this is not the time to talk Mr. Husband! She said, knitting her eyebrows... So... What time is it!? He asked making her blush... Um.. A...uu.... You..you should know it... She said looking away... No... I don't know it ! ... He said with a lop sided smile....

Is...is it... So... Shall we sleep!? She asked.. First answer my question...what time is it now....He asked most romantically as he started placing kisses on her neck. Raghav I'm feeling sh..shy... She whispered.... Wow! He said, coming up... You look beautiful when you blush... He said .... And you look handsome when you turn romantic...she complimented back.... I would like to be more handsome then... He naughtily said as he pressed his lips onto hers.

The first rays of the sun kissed her face as she woke up in his arms.... He still held her in his grip as he slept cuter than a baby... She thought of the words he said last night... About children... How caring he was to her....awww...

Raghav....Raghav....get up.... She slightly tugged him... Why did you get up... You too sleep... He said pulling her to crash on his chest. He hugged her so tight that she found it really difficult to get up from him... Raghav...she said caressing his cheek... See...the sun has already risen...its not good for us to be like this... Get up naa...we are newly married and still have post marriage rituals to be completed...she tried to convince him

Exactly...he exclaimed, still his eyes closed, hugging her, we ARE newly married...and hence none will say anything if we get up late...isnt it!? He said taking her hand off his cheek. He looked at her hand and placed a kiss on her palm. Look at that Mehndi... Wow! I'm such a genius! He praised himself...

Offo! She patted her forehead... If u don't get up at least leave me ! She was tired of convincing him. No! He said as he tightened his grip!...💕

Meanwhile,

Caller 1: Yes... I heard Maithili got engaged... But I am not sure about the marriage...

Caller 2: What!? Maithili....(gritting his teeth) how could she betray me...! I'll not spare her!...

Caller 1: What!? She betrayed you!? But she...she never loved you!

Caller 2: She did! But she didn't express it... Now she will have to...In front of her would be husband!(laughs evilly)

Caller 1: I don't know what you'll do... I just gave the information you needed...bye.

Who were those!? Is Maithili in trouble again!? To know more, kindly wait for my exams to get over😉😜