Chapter 5 - A Boy with Brown Eyes

Liam POV

I walked into the waiting room and looked at the boys. Niall sat next to me with his arm around me. Louis and Harry both crying into each others arms.

I'm supposed to be the leader. I'm supposed to guide them. I promised them that when we were first formed.

I said I'd be like the dad.

But I wasn't being a dad.

I was being a baby.

They were my boys. And they needed me now more than ever.

I was about to take charge.

"Come here boys." I said. Louis and Harry joined us.

"Let's say a prayer or something." I said. They nodded.

We gathered around and said a little prayer. Than I spoke.

"Please god. Don't take Zayn away from us. We need him. The fans need him. More than anything."

The boys nodded and we broke apart. "It's time we personally told the fans." I said.

Kayla, our manager, was there.

"Kayla can you approve a tweet for me?" I asked.

"Of course." She said.

I took my phone and went on twitter which I had been avoiding all day. The fans literally knew nothing. Kayla made sure no press knew about it.

"Dear fans, we're not sure how to say this but something extremely horrible has happened. Zayn has suffered from head trauma and is in the hospital. We don't know much. He's getting surgery tomorrow and we hope it goes well. Please keep him in your prayers. Thank you and we love you all. x #prayforzayn"

Kayla approved and I posted it to the one direction twitter.

Within minutes #prayforzayn trended. Tweets exploded with well wishes and sad faces.

I looked around at the other boys. They now seemed more together since I've taken charge.

I smiled at them.

Funny how you can smile, when your heart is in pieces, and you fell like you just want to die.

...

The rest of the day we waited in that room. I tried to keep the boys busy and keep their spirits up.

But more than anything I wanted to be next to Zayn. Holding his hand, talking to him even though he can't hear me.

But my emotions come second to my duties.

It was hard though. When we were doing things I was okay. But it was the silence that killed me.

Normal energetic Louis was completely silent. He comforted Harry. Harry always had a hard time with extreme situations.

Niall seem drained and wouldn't even eat.

It was weird to see the other boys so upset. I hadn't realised how selfish I was being. I was only thinking about myself. But Zayn is all of our best mates.

I sat next to Niall and held him tight.

It was probably about 4 in the morning. But none of us would sleep.

"Liam." A doctor said from the door.

I looked up, "Yes?"

"You have to get your cuts checked and rebadged."

"Oh.." I said looking at everyone. "Will you guys be okay for like 3 minutes?"

They all slowly nodded.