15

Kuro and you had been dating for a long time, 5 years to be precise. He had called you and asked you to meet him at the park,which you had agreed to. When you arrived at the park,you looked around for the dark haired male, not seeing him, which was odd because he was normally early for most things. You bit your lip and took a quick walk around the park, finally finding Kuro sitting on the low rimmed edge of a large fountain. The water trickled merrily into the basin, a comforting sound. This was one of your favorite spots besides your apartment or the library. After college, you had moved into a two bedroom apartment. It was somewhat small, but it was all the space you needed. Kuro looked at you, his carmine eyes filled with certainty. You sat by him, and Kuro enveloped you in a hug, his face briefly in the crook between your neck and shoulder. After a few seconds, he let go and stood up, taking your hand and pulling you up from the fountain.
"YN, tenshi, there is something I want to show you." He said quietly. You nodded and he walked to a grand looking tree. Among some of the foliage on one of the lower branches, you could spot a small box.
"Figure out a way to get it, and I'll show you what's inside." Kuro told you. You really did not want to climb the tree, so you tried shaking some other branches so the box would fall and you could catch it. After several minutes of trying, you gave up on that idea and decided that you had to climb the tree. You began climbing and soon reached the low limb, snagging the box and putting it in your pocket. The leaves of the tree rustled in a slight wind, and brushed you gently across the face. You descended down to the ground and handed the box to Kuro, who opened it and handed it back to you. Inside that box was an even smaller box, folded out of paper. You popped the paper lid off that box to find three more paper boxes, each one smaller than the last.
    Within the last box was a paper crane. Along one of the wings you could see the phrase 'Look down.' You looked down as instructed and saw Kuro on one knee holding a glass box with a ring hanging suspended from a chain inside. He gently opened the glass box, took the ring off the chain, and held it between his thumb and index fingers.
"YN, koishiteru."
Tears sprung to your eyes. Kuro had explained the different ways of saying you liked and loved someone in Japanese. Daisuki  was 'I really like you', aishiteru was 'I love you', and koishiteru was the way to say I love you to the person you wanted to spend the rest of your life with. You tossed your arms around his neck, murmuring yes repeatedly, the tears now spilling from your eyes. Kuro slipped the ring onto your ring finger and wrapped his arms around your waist, kissing you gently. You ran a hand through his black hair and held him close, savoring and cherishing the moment. You knew this was one of the best things in your life to happen,and you were glad it was with the male you accidentally bumped into at the library.