Chapter 1

The world’s on fire, the people all dead, well most of them anyway and here I am stuck in the highest room, in the tallest tower, in the center of a gigantic palace. I have this feeling of déjà vu, I feel like that princess in that old fairy tale my, now most probably dead, sister used to be obsessed with as a child. What was the name of that princess? Rachel? Rose? Cinderella? Oh, Rapunzel that’s it. I feel like her stuck in a tower for all eternity waiting for my prince to save me, yeah right like that would ever happen, everyone is dead and I’m stuck with the guy who did it all. As I stare out into the vast expanse of fire and smoke I can’t help but wonder where it all went wrong. Why wasn’t I strong enough, quick enough, or smart enough to stop this from happening? I sigh trying not to think about it seeing that if I do think about it, it will only lead to a flashback leaving me vulnerable to any attack from my captors.
I go to turn away from the window in my prison when something catches my eye. It’s a group of figures coming from the west. A group of monsters and titans and any traitors that have joined in the killing of the mortal plain. That is of little importance to me however, it’s the figure leading them that causes fear to creep in to my, and I quote this from my kidnapper before he knocked me out, too pure and innocent and all out good to be true, soul. The figure, obviously male looks up and although it seems impossible looks me right in the eye before smirking evilly and disappearing in a flash of gold light.  I froze as a flash of light appears behind me. Strong arms wrap around my waist effectively trapping my arms at my side. I freeze. The man smirks into my hair.