Chapter 8

Kronos's p.o.v.

       Why did I just flash out? I can’t believe that I'm this weak, if I can’t even torcher my bane. Ugh. Why me, Fates, why me?
Sigh. I guess that I just have to go see what my brothers are doing. 
     I flash away again. When I appear in the throne room, I am surprised to see my mother, Gaea, and her second husband, Tartarus.
      Ugh! I hate that guy. He acts like he is Chaos, when in reality, he is only a deep, dark, and mostly empty pit. “What is going on here!” I shout.
    "Oh look honey, your brat is here!" Tartarus said. My eye twitches. Gaea looks at her second husband, "Be nice! We are guests in his palace!" "Thanks, Mother" I say thankful for her support at least. "However, spoiled and arrogant he may act." I take it back, I still hate her.
     "As much as I'm enjoying this conversation," 'not' I think, "What may I do for you mother? Tarter sauce?" Tartarus looks ready to commit my murder, oh, how I love antagonizing him. Awe! Old memories! Good memories! "Why you little...." "Now, now baby let's not be to hasty, he didn't mean to say that, he just has no brain cells to think before he acts!" Gaea calmly says. Why you little! No stop, breathe. I'm calm. Calm, like a sea breeze, on a sunny and bright, no cloud in the sky, afternoon, with my Perseus at my side. Wait! What?
   Where? In Tarter Sauce, did that come from?! He's not mine. My prisoner, sure. But definitely not my beloved. 'Not yet anyway' a voice in my mind says. Great, now I'm going crazy. "We're here to rid you of a certain prisoner." Gaea says.
     "And what prisoner, is that?" I ask. "The sea brat, of course." Tarter sauce says. Over my dead body! 'Dont say that, he won't hesitate to do it!' "No."
    "Glad you agree where is he..." Gaea starts, "What?!" "I said no, Mother. You can have whoever, or whatever you want from the dungeons, but the brat is mine!" "Now see here, boy!" Tarter sauce threatens. "No! You see here! This is my castle. My land and He is MY! Prisoner! And you can't do anything about it, now if that is all you wanted, leave!" "Kronos, son, please, we only want to help you, you must understand!" Gaea says pleadingly."No is no, Mother, now leave, I'm king, and what I say is law. Now, out!
    Tarter sauce scowls, but flashes out. Gaea looks at me, with a look of disappointment. After a few seconds, she too flashes out.
    Sigh. I'm getting to old for this. I got an idea, let's go see what Perseus is doing! Yeah, that's it. I get up and actually walk to Perseus's room. After 20 minutes of walking up a billion steps, it really it just felt like it, I get to Perseus's door.
     I go to open the door, when I hear a beautiful voice singing.

     "Oh won't you come with me
      Where the Moon is made of
                             gold
        And in the morning sun
               We'll be sailing
     Oh won't you come with me
  Where the ocean meets the sky
         And as the clouds roll by
     We'll sing the song of the sea.

                         Rolling

                         Rolling

                         Rolling

                         Rolling

     Oh won't you come with me
     Where the Moon is made of
                         gold
     And in the morning sun
              We'll be sailing
    Oh won't you come with me
  Where the ocean meets the sky
         And as the clouds roll by
    We'll sing the song of the sea."

Wow, that was beautiful. I throw open the door. Startled, Perseus fell off the window bed.