Chapter 1

Well, this should be interesting

~~

I smiled as Frank reached across the table, holding onto my hand. His thumb rubbed against my skin softly and i sighed in content.

"Do you have to go?" I asked.

"Baby..." he said quietly, his words trailing off.

I sighed and nodded. Frank doesn't have to go but he wants to. His band was finally taking off and this was his dream, there was no way I was gonna come in between him and his dream and not let him go on tour. He didn't come between me and my dream of becoming an artist, even when we really didn't have all that much money and we were living in a tiny apartment where the paint fumes would be horrid and he even had to pick up a second job on top of his first job and his band.

"I know," I said quietly.

"Don't be upset, it's only for a few weeks," Frank said. "And I'll be sure to pick up something for you at every stop."

I smiled sadly, squeezing his hand.

"And when I get back I will take you wherever you want," he offered.

"Can we go to that one museum I liked in pennsylvania?" I asked hopefully.

"Of course we can," he agreed. "Trust me, you won't even know I was gone at all, I'll be back in no time."

I nodded my head and he smiled.

"Good, you'll be just fine, baby boy," he reassured. "Just stay out of trouble. I'll call you everyday."

I nodded my head and the waiter came by with the check. Frank paid the bill, leaving a tip as we walked out. He held my hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. The two of us walked through the park towards our house. It was dark and we were alone. The lights glowed faintly for us as crickets chirped quietly. Leaves and dirt crunched as little animals hopped around.

He stopped suddenly in front of a pretty pond and I looked at him in confusion. He looked worried and I frowned. He bent down, picking a random flower from the ground and handing it to me.

"Are you worried about the tour?" I asked. "you're gonna do great, Frank, you're an amazing musician."

"I'm not worried about that," he said, chuckling quietly. "I'm worried about leaving you here."

"I'll be fine, Lindsey and Mikey will be here whenever I need them," I said.

He smiled, taking a deep breath. Frank pulled something from his pocket, going down onto one knee suddenly. I felt myself freeze in shock as my breathing stopped in my throat and I stared at him.

"I love you so much, baby, more than I ever thought I could love anyone," Frank said. "These next few weeks will be absolutely horrid just because I won't be able to wake up next to your pretty face every morning. I want to be with you for the rest of my life. You're the only person I could ever want, I love you. Gerard Way, will you marry me?"

I stared at him, my heart nearly bursting out of its chest. He opened the box and I saw the ring inside it. It wasn't terribly big or expensive but it was more perfect than anything. I fought back tears as I nodded my head. Frank smiled, looking relieved as he took the ring and slid it onto my finger. He stood up, giving me a hug and spinning me around.

"I love you," he said.

I looked at him and saw that he was also close to tears.

"I love you too, daddy," I repeated. "Love you so much."

Frank leaned in, pressing his lips against mine. I smiled as he pulled away and I wiped away the tears that had fallen. Frank held my hand, leading us back to the house.