Chapter 19

I never thought having a class with all freshman could suck so much but it does

~~

I sat in my room with all the nights on, only a few candles lit. Lindsey had moved my armoire in front of the window after we shut the blinds.

"Why can't Mikey be here?" Lindsey asked as we looked over at all of Jamia's notes.

I shook my head, looking at the papers. They told a location, where he could be within a hundred mile radius. She guessed six bunny men in total. Four down by Frank and possibly two up here.

She also had notes on Pete, which I thought was a little odd. They just said like how long he's been on the force and stuff like that. She even had small profiles on Lindsey and Mikey and even Dr. Urie when I flipped to the next page.

There was a full page for just Frank that went all the way back to the day he started kindergarten. Everyone who was important to him, his best friends from fourth grade, his family members, old teachers who he was friends with, the kids who were in the same bands as him, everyone he's ever dated. Some of this stuff I didn't even know about him.

"If she weren't a detective I'd say she was fucking creepy," Lindsey said. "But fuck it if she isn't good at her job."

"I still can't believe she's gone," I muttered.

"You say it like she's dead," Lindsey said.

"Well, one wrong move and she is," I stated.

I flipped the page again, seeing some drawings of the tattoos. That was the only time they ever wore short sleeves, they must've realized their mistake.

"Two of them we know have tattoos," I said. "I just don't recognize them from anywhere."

There were pictures taped in of the ones sent by the bunnies that I gave to her. Drawings of other things she couldn't just tape it, like the bunny and the finger. She wrote notes on every single video, every single little thing I told her.

"I don't even know what to make of all this," I said.

I rubbed my back softly and frowned.

"My back hurts," I muttered.

I stood up, walking around a little.

"Maybe you should just relax," she said. "Go take a warm bubble bath."

"No, I can't," I denied. "We need to find Frank, he needs to be here before the baby is born. I-I can't have this baby without him."

"Gee, we will have him back by then," Lindsey promised. "But if he isn't, just know that Mikey and I will still be there. We can be in the room with you if you want or we can wait in the lobby. Either way you are going to have this baby and we are going to make it as comfortable for you as possible."

"I'm terrified, Linds," I whispered. "How am I ever supposed to have a baby without Frank here? I-if he were here I would be elated about having this baby. Do you know how happy I'd be? I'm having a kid. And I'm still happy about that now but I'm so scared. I can't do this without Frank, I need him to take care of me too. I can't care for a child alone."

"You're never gonna be alone," Lindsey stated. "Me and Mikey will help you. And your mom too. And I think it's time you tell Frank's parents too."

"I don't even know what to tell them," I said. "At least you guys know about my syndrome. They don't, it'll be so much harder to explain."

"Try giving them a call," she said, handing me my phone.

I took it nervously and I could feel my eyes watering. I dialed the number and pressed it to my ear.