Chapter 24

Last night I had a dream about this book but bc I know the whole story I dreamed of the ending too but I was half asleep and I kept getting really sad and I kept trying to wake up because I "didn't want the ending spoiled for me"

~~

I opened my eyes slowly, seeing that it was still dark in the hospital room. It was the middle of the night and I heard Lily gurgle quietly. I looked over, freezing in fear when I saw a bunny man holding her in his arms.

"N-no," I said weakly, trying to sit up but I couldn't.

I looked beside me and saw another bunny messing with the machine connected to my IV.

"Stop," I whispered. "Y-you're gonna kill me."

I felt so weak as I heard Lily cry. Silent tears rolled down my cheeks as I saw him turn a knob up to raise my morphine.

"Y-you'll k-kill me," I muttered.

I looked over, watching the man with Lily walk out of the room, holding my baby is she cried. I tried to get up but I felt like I couldn't move at all. I watched as they took my baby away and turned the morphine all the way up and I couldn't do anything as I felt back asleep.

I woke up screaming and sobbing. Someone tried grabbing me but I pushed them away.

"Gerard stop, you're having a nightmare," Lindsey said. "You're gonna open your stitches."

I cried as she pushed me back down onto the bed and nurses rushed in.

"They have Lily!" I cried. "They took her! They took her away!"

"Gee, Lily's right here," Lindsey whispered.

I looked over, hearing her crying in her crib. My scream must've scared her.

"It was just a dream," she said.

I took a deep breath, wiping my eyes as I reached my arms toward Lily. One of the nurses handed her to me as the other checked everything.

"I'm sorry, baby," I whispered. "I didn't mean to scare you. Everything's okay."

She wailed, her hands waving around. I held her close to my chest, shushing her quietly as the nurses left.

"Don't cry," I said softly. "It's okay, you're fine, there's no reason to be scared."

Eventually she calmed down and I saw that it was six in the morning. I held her close and felt something under her blanket. I frowned, reaching in and pulling out a note. I opened it and immediately noticed Frank's handwriting.

I love you, baby, I'm gonna come home one day and take care of both of you again, don't be scared, I love you

There was some blood on the paper and it was crinkled.

"They were here," I whispered. "They were touching my baby. Maybe it wasn't a dream."

"Gee, you have to relax," she said.

I sighed quietly, looking down at my precious little baby.

"I'm never gonna let anyone touch you again," I promised. "I'm so sorry."

I wiped the tears from her cheeks as she looked up at me with her beautiful green eyes. I took a deep breath, trying to compose myself.

"You're going home today," Lindsey said. "Are you excited? You've been here for four days now."

"I'm scared, I think there's more protection here," I said. "I'm also scared of getting my stitches removed."

"It'll be fine," she reassured.