part 6

Rigby stirred when he heard his name. "-igby! Rigby! Dude! You there?"

He whimpered pitifully and felt around for the walky-talky. Pushing the button, he moaned out, "what do you want? I was sleeping."

"Oh! Sorry! I just wanted to know if you wanted anything to eat."

Rigby thought for a moment. "Something light would be awesome."

"Alright. I'll bring it up when it's done. Unless you wanna come down."

"Dude I am so feverish I can hardly stand. What makes you think I can get down the stairs?"

"Sorry, that was stupid. I'll bring it up."

"Thanks."

"No problem! Now go back to sleep."

He nodded even though Mordecai couldn't see it and placed the walky-talky back on the table.

Shakily, he grabbed the water off the stand and took two sips before placing it back down and laying down.

He almost dozed off when Mordecai came in with a tray that had chicken noodle soup and crackers on it.

A loud, "Hey dude," woke him with a start. "Whoops, forgot you fell back asleep, sorry."

" 'sokay." Rugby muttered, pushing himself into a sitting position. The strong smell of the soup being in the room made him gag a bit, but other than that his body decided it smelled good, his stomach even growling a little bit.

"How are you feeling?" Mordecai asked, setting the tray in Rigby's lap then sitting down for himself near Rigby's feet.

"Better." He took a sip of the broth, "still tired."

"Really? You've been sleeping all day!"

Rigby shrugged and shoved another spoonful of broth into his mouth.

Mordecai frowned, "you should eat more than just the broth. That's why there is chicken and noodles there; to eat!"

Rigby sighed, crumbling some crackers into the bowl before dipping his spoon back in, this time getting a single noodle. He got half the bowl down before giving up.

"You should eat more than that..." Mordecai urged.

Rigby shook his head, shoving the bowl away from him on the tray. "Can't."

Mordecai sighed but accepted defeat. He looked at his watch and smiled.

After putting the tray in the floor beside the bed, Mordecai crawled into bed beside Rigby.

"What are you doing, dude?" Rigby asked.

"I have ten minutes left for lunch break. I think I'll spend them with you."

"I'm just going to sleep."

"That's fine. You sleep and I'll sit here and keep you company until I have to get back to work."

Rigby smiled and cuddled up to Mordecai, slipping under the covers and falling back asleep.