Part 11

It was nearing midnight and Rigby was asleep once again, this time, on his own accord.

Mordecai was by his side almost as if he were a mother staying by the side of her child.

Benson had to be somewhat impressed with how strong their friendship was.

He thought back on all the times their friendship had been stronger than their circumstances, and couldn't help but smile.

He couldn't stop himself when he thought, 'they would make a cute couple.' Once the thought was out there, he blushed a little. 'I shouldn't be shipping my employees like this.' He thought for a moment and reevaluated the statement before adding, 'or at all for that matter.'

Highfive Ghost and Muscle Man had both been sent back to the park under Benson's orders, leaving just the three of them at the hospital.

"Maybe you should go home and rest." Benson suggested to Mordecai.

Mordecai looked up at Benson in fright for a moment. "But- what if he wakes up and needs me?"

Benson smiled softly. "You won't be able to do him any justice if you're tired. Besides. If you don't get some sleep you could get sick."

Seeing Mordecai's worried face, Benson added, "I'll stay here in case he wakes up."

"Yeah," Mordecai licked his beak which was suddenly very dry. "Yeah you're right. I should go and get some rest. You promise you'll call me if he needs me?"

"You have my word."

Mordecai nodded and left, yawning the whole way out the door.

Benson took residence in the comfiest chair in the room and fell asleep.