part 8

Rigby woke up the the feeling of a hand on his forehead. It was cool and he was hot, so he leaned into it.

"Aw man, he really is sick!" It was High Five Ghost.

"Yeah, didn't I tell you?" Mordecai stated, obviously a little peeved.

"You know who else is sick?" Muscle Man asked, obviously about to make a 'my mom' joke.

No one answered.

"My mom!" There was laughter and the cool hand left Rigby's forehead and there was a smacking sound, a high five.

Rigby opened his eyes begrudgingly.

"Oh!" High Five Ghost flew closer to Rigby's face. "He's awake!"

"How are you feeling Rigs?" Mordecai asked, running his fingers through Rigby's sweaty fur.

Rigby didn't respond. He didn't think he had the energy to move.

"Rigby?"

Rigby made a gutteral noise and sat up, surprising himself.

"Welcome to the land of the living." Muscle Man joked.

Rigby yawned, grabbed the blanket and hopped off the couch.

His legs wobbled horribly and he fell forward as everythibg went black.

---

Mordecai jumped up in fear. "Dude!"

He rushed forward and picked up Rigby's limp and shivering body. "Rigby..?" He asked.

He gently felt Rigby's forehead only to recoil as if burned. "He's on fire!"

"I'll get a thermometer." High Five Ghost offered before flying off.

Muscle Man knelt beside Rigby and felt his head. "That fever's high. We need to bribg it down. I'll get some water, a bowl, and a washcloth."

Mordecai nodded as Muscle Man left.

High Five Ghost came back with the thermometer which Mordecai placed under Rigby's tongue, holding it in place and watching the numbers as they went up.

It stopped at 104 exactly and Mordecai gulped. "Muscle Man!" He called.

"Yeah?" Muscle Man replied from the kitchen.

"Forget the water, we need to get Rigby to the hospital. Can one of you tell Benson what's going on?" Mordecai asked as he stood with Rigby in his arms.

"I'll do it." High Five Ghost offered.

Muscle Man came out of the kitchen. "And I'll come with you."

"What's going on?" Skips asked from the doorway.

"Rigby passed out so we're taking him to the hospital." Mordecai stated, turning to face Skips.

"You might want to leave the blanket here. He may be shivering but he is over heated." Skips stated, going over to the couch to scan Rigby over.

Skips looked as the way Rigby's fur matted with sweat and noticed the labored breathing. "How high is his fever?"

"104 even." High Five Ghost said before taking out his walky talky. "Benson?"

Mordecai dropped the blanket on the floor and walked around Skips and out the door. Muscle Man walked out with him.

"Be safe!" Skips called after them.

Mordecai carried Rigby all the way to the hospital.