Part Six: A Deep Breathe

"It's just a friend that will be leaving in less than a minute, Dad," I called back to Dad, as I pushed Leo away from the door frame, and Dads vision of sight.

"What. The. Hell," I hissed at Leo, snatching the dainty and lacy thong from his hands.

I shoved the thing into his leather jackets pocket, and whisper-screamed, "I don't own a red thong! I don't own any thongs!"

Tears of joy were streaming down Leo's face, which only aggravated me even more.

Wiping the tears from his cheeks, Leo said between deep breaths, "I just... Then you..."

Leo started laughing his head off, crouching over and placing his hands on his knees. I practically growled at Leo, turning on my heal to head for the door.

A hand clasped on my shoulder, stopping me in my tracks. I twisted my head around, death glaring at Leo.

"Hey, I was just returning what I thought was yours. I found it on the lampshade this morning, before the clean up crew got to that room," Leo said, raising his hands into the air in defense.

"Well, it's not mine, so you can leave," I told him confidently.

"Ok, that's not the real reason. It was just an excuse to be here. I actually came to see if you wanted to go and grab some lunch?" Leo questioned, rubbing the back of his head and not meeting my eyes.

"I'm sorry, Leo, I can't. I'm grounded for staying out so late," I said grumpily, crossing my arms over my chest and blowing a stray strand of hair out of my face.

"Well, sorry to hear about that. I guess I could settle for your number, then," Leo replied, puffing out his chest and trying to look heroic.

I laughed at his expression, grinning and placing a hand over my mouth.

Dropping my hand as well as the bomb shell, I told Leo, "My Dad took my laptop and phone off of me. And I don't know my number of by heart, anyways."

Leo sighed at me as I smiled at his failed attempts.

"Well, see you later, Kitty," Leo said, narrowly missing a punch flying from me.

"Watch it, Skinny Jeans! Oh, and can you please tell Blake and Luis that I'm grounded? Thanks!" I called out to Leo, walking into my house and shutting the door.

"Did you tell your friend that your grounded?" Dad questioned, turning around to face me in his spot.

"Yep, and I told him to pass on the message," I said, walking up to Dad, right behind him.

"Is Juliet back yet?" I asked, cocking my head to the side and attempting to raise my eyebrow at him.

"She's up in her room. What's up with your eyebrow? Do we need to get it checked out again?" Dad teased me, but I just rolled my eyes and placed a kiss on his small, and soon to be growing bald spot.

I ran up stairs to Juliet's room, knocking on the door.

"Who is it?" Juliet called out.

"Me," I replied, waiting for her answer.

"Come in," Juliet said, and as soon as the words were out of her mouth, I was opening and shutting her door.

"Hey, Julie," I said, planting myself on one of her two pink and black striped bean bags in front of her flat screen T.V. I rubbed my feet on her white, shaggy rug.

Juliet stuck her tongue out at me, scrunching up her face and continuing to paint her toe nails white.

"How was the sleep over?" I asked, getting comfy.