three

Taehyung

I woke up this morning in some random woman's bed. I don't remember her face, her name, or anything about her. I just know that we fucked. I knew who I wanted it to be, who it should have been. It wasn't him. It wasn't my bunny. Jeon Jungkook. I lied to him, but it was for his own good. I let him think I didn't know his name, though I did, and still do. He grew to be rich and famous, to have a loving fiancé, to be a LGBT rights activist. He went on with his life while I let my love for him blur the path of my life. I spent years after my 18th birthday, searching for him, yearning and needing him. I see him and his fiancé and his perfect life, and I can't help but want to wreck it, to want him with me, by my side.

I'm not sure where exactly I fucked myself over. I was taken from the orphanage, adopted by a couple who needed a child for show. I was raised by the family staff, loved only by my nanny. Things don't always work out the way you want them to. Her name was Ellis. She loved me. She treated me as her own. She was my mother, more so one than I had ever known. She died of lung cancer the day after my 15th birthday.

I think I have always known that I would be a fuck up in life, be it before my adoption I thought I'd stay in the orphanage until maturity. The only light, the only goodness and purity in my life was Jungkook. He saved me, but I broke him. I left. Now my lonely days are filled with meaningless flings and searching for my bunny. I doubt he remembers me, but I hope he does.

No matter his fiancée, I'm coming back for him. After all, we did promise to marry each other.