Ch3: And I'm Sage, thanks for asking.

Sage was mentally cursing their luck.

Firstly, both Newt and herself were performing magic in front of a muggle. Secondly, the said muggle had watched a creature be stuffed into a suitcase and another hatch out of an egg, both being magical creatures that shouldn't exist in his world. And thirdly, Sage was hungry.

One of those problems was not like the others, but I'll let you decide which that was.

"Do you want me to obliviate him?" Sage asked her companion with a quick glance. "You do know we can't let him leave with memory of the niffler and occamy! Oh, that and the fact that he has experienced apparation, but I'm sure he could live with it... Worst case scenario would be that he believes that he's crazy and ends up in an asylum, but I'm sure he'd be fine eventually-"

"-Therron," the woman turns to the nervous twitching Newt who stands next to the rather horrified muggle, both amused and slightly irritated at her ramblings. He didn't need the muggle anymore terrified but it appeared that Sage had taken care of that. She smiles innocently, well, as innocently as she could with her lengthy canines. "Yes, Scamander?"

The man runs a hand through his auburn hair with a sigh and turns to the muggle apologetically, "so sorry about her. She just gets nervous when dealing with muggles, they haven't exactly been too kind to her in the past." Newt suddenly shivers but doesn't turn to his companion, knowing that she'd have those dark piercing eyes glaring through him. 

"What was that!?" The muggle gasped, peering between the apologetic man and indifferent woman who responds in a cold tone. "Nothing to concern yourself with. Although, as I said before, we can't just let you leave." Her gaze had shifted from the muggle to the man beside her with a sense of urgency.

Newt sends the muggle a reassuring smile, although the expression would've worked better in settling his companion's nerves. Newt could see through the calm and controlled facade, it was almost too easy after how long they had known each other. "She is right. You my friend have seen far too much, so would you mind just standing there. This'll be over in a jiffy." Sage almost laughs, watching as the muggle pulls a face, nodding unconvincingly to Newt, who turns away.

It only takes a second before the muggle's swinging his brown suitcase at the wizard.

The case smacks Newt into Sage, who groans as her wrist takes most of the damage as it remained looped through the handle of her own suitcase. The bones crunch loudly causing pain to flare in the limb, but she barely whimpers. Newt hurriedly rolls off of his friend, latching onto her good arm and helps her up. "Merlin's beard! I'm so sorry, Therron. I didn't try to land on you but my- he definitely has a good swing on him."

Sage waves off his concern with a painful chuckle as she wriggles her mangled hand from the cases handle, dropping it to the ground with a thunk, and quickly slides her wand from her coat. "Don't worry Scamander, this'll only take a second." Sage could already feel her bones trying to mend themselves, though were unsuccessful, as the bones weren't aligned properly.

With a face of concentration, Sage uses her left hand to feel where the trouble spots were before, through gritted teeth, cracking the protruding and cracked bones back into place. With a relieved sigh, she leans against the wall, cradling her wrist as the pain lessens and it begins healing correctly. She sucks in a few deep breaths to slow her uneven breath, ignoring how her feet slipped on a stray piece of card.