Ch5: Mark my words, Scamander

"I can't believe that you tried to sell me off as a prostitute! A prostitute of all things! Merlin... Why do you do these things to me, Therron?" Newt asks, absolutely and utterly exasperated with the shifter walking along side him.

Sage turned to him with a pleased expression and wide, faux smile. "Oh, but my dear Scamander, it is all too easy. And besides, I like seeing you flustered." She says with a wink. Her tone surprised Tina as she watched the two interact in a playful manner.

Quickly after meeting Sage, Tina knew that she wasn't one to trust easily, which made conversations difficult when Sage was very tight lipped. But it seemed that she was getting a rare look into the real personality of Sage Therron.

She continued to watch on curiously, as Newt quickly met Sage's gaze before his blush darkens his already rosy cheeks and his eyes flicker back to the pavement before them, mumbling incoherently.

Sage chuckles as her gaze sets onto the concrete jungle ahead as all playfulness dissolves into a humble expression. "Relax, Scamander. I promise I won't try sell you off to a stranger for the next few days... But on a more serious note. Do you think that I can eat one of the muggle's pastries? They smell delicious."

Porpontina frowns as she sniffs the air, unable to smell the apparently sweet pastries but thinks nothing of Sage's comment as a more pressing matter comes to mind. "Later. But right now I'm concerned about the muggle in question." She sighs. "I can't believe that neither of you obliviated that man." Both Sage and Newt's gaze drops to the ground as Tina's scolding vaguely reminded them of a disappointed parent, Sage's mother to be exact.

"I did obliviate one muggle," Sage says earning a surprised look from the MACUSA worker whilst Newt just rolls his eyes as he recalls the incident. "He worked inside the bank and set off the alarm when he saw us at the vault. And you only obliviated him because he set off the alarm. Otherwise you'd probably just act like you didn't see him."

Sage sends Newt a withering look as he steals her thunder, "did you really just tattle on me? Mum's going to be so disappointed with you tattling on her daughter. Well then, I guess you definitely aren't the kind of friend I'd call to help dispose of a body." She scrunched her nose up in mock disgust. "On that note, I'm seriously rethinking this friendship, Scamander."

Newt just shakes his head with a small smile pulling at his lips, "dually noted, Therron. Although, your mum loves me so I think I'm safe. And rethinking our friendship? I've been saying the exact same thing for years. It was only time before you came to the same conclusion." He says jokingly.

Sage scoffs, accompanied with an playfully exaggerated eye roll. "Well then I take back what I said before, I will sell you off as a prostitute before the day's end. Mark my words, Scamander. Not even Maria could save you now."

Newt shivers at the thought as Sage turns towards Porpontina, "back to the alarm. It was a bloody loud and irritating, might I add. And I cannot fathom who in their right mind does that? I'd assume they'd not wish to prematurely become deaf due to the, what I can only assume to be, inherit idiocy of muggles." Sage states as her hands are stuffed further into her pockets, ignoring the way her teeth chattered all the while.

Sage Therron wasn't built for the cold.

"After this inquiry I'm finished." Tina says dramatically as Sage chuckles at her dilemma, whereas Newt was a little more sympathetic. "Why would you be finished?" Newt asks, confused. "I'm the one who brought the creature and encouraged Sage to meet me here."