Ch4: Cuddling costs Extra

Sage became irritated when Newt relaxed slightly, appearing to trust this witch straight off the bat. Growing up, Sage never had the luxury of trusting others easily. It wasn't in her nature, but it was in Newt's and she trusted him implicitly. "Oh, that's a niffler. And you've got something on your-" his hand falls short as the woman pulls away.

"Why in the name of God, did you let that thing out?"

A guilty expression flashes across Newt's face as he tried to defend both his and his creatures actions. "I didn't mean to but as soon as he sees anything shiny-"

"-You didn't mean to?" She asks haughtily, the tone caused a low growl to escape Sage. Newt immediately coughs, to draw the woman's focus back to himself but Sage intended on making thing quiet difficult for him as she snaps. "I'd watch your tone if I were you, lady." She sneers, glaring through the brave facade the woman presented to them.

Sage Therron was not one to be fooled easily, especially when she could hear the heartbeat of the one attempting to blind sight her. She was more than happy to be wandering around the streets of New York in the presence of Newton Scamander, but all the noises and the blasted witch opposite her, was enough to annoy the shifter.

Sage had the urge to shift into a tiger and maul the nearest muggle... or the witch if she continued to be irritating.

"No," Newt interrupts, causing both woman to peer at him. Sage's anger almost dissipated entirely at the sight of his charming smile and adorable dimples but she quickly wiped all emotion from her face. Newt didn't comment on the quick shift in emotion from his companion, but made a mental note to talk to her later.

"Therron really didn't mean to say that." He said to the unknown witch. "She's rather lovely once you get to know her, I assure you." The strange witch seemingly accepts the apology, not noticing the animalistic glare Sage sent his way.

Sage was never friendly, let alone lovely to those unknown to her, and Newt knew this, lying through his teeth and causing his heart to beat wildly as he met her gaze. "Is that so, Scamander? What a touching thing to say about an old friend." She retorts with a bitter sweet smile. She was so gonna have a good chat with Newt later.

"As you were saying?" Newt prompts the witch, whom nods thankfully for the change in topic as she sends him a pointed look. "You couldn't of chosen a worse time to let that creature loose. We're in the middle of a situation here." She says sternly, making Sage roll her eyes, her playful mood diminishing quickly.

"Okay, lady. How were we suppose to know what's happening here in New York?" Sage interrupts, speaking to the woman, who peers back at her curiously. Sure, she had noticed their differing accents, but Porpontina didn't think much of it until Sage continued, rather crudely might she add.

"I'm half Australian and he's British, we don't know shit about New York."

Newt groans as Sage's rather blunt interpersonal skills come out to play. 'Why couldn't she just play nice this once?' Porpontina appeared stunned, and even a little horrified, by Sage's language. It was clear that she didn't trust her very much, and it made the American wonder just how she even made friends with such a nice Brit. She frowns regretfully in his direction. "I'm afraid I have to take you both in."

"Take us where?" Newt asks, shifting from foot to foot after getting over Sage's fault, with amusement clearly on his face.