Ch7: Kneazle

"Male prostitutes?" Queenie asks in a confused manner, noticing they way Newt shifts uncomfortably and his thoughts running rampant, leaving Queenie wondering if he was really going to curse at Sage from his utter embarrassment. It did sound pretty bad, after all.

"Yeah," Sage mutters quietly, "I've felt the need to sell him off all day. As it turns out, Newt is the kind of friend to tattle without so much as a second thought and not the kind of friend that would help dispose of a body. It's truly disappointing to see his fall from grace so quickly after our arrival in America." Sage commented, able to envision the wizard's flushed cheeks and awkward posture, without even looking at Newt.

"There is a market for it..." Queenie softly placed the cutlery on the table, using a napkin to dab at her painted lips. "But I doubt Mr Scamander would be interested in being sold off."

"That's a shame. I could've done with a little extra cash." The small grin formed on Sage's face as the food was distributed.

The delicious scent of the dishes left her mouth watering and the taste was divine, as the conversation had shifted quickly between Jacob and Queenie.

"The job pays well, even though all I do is make coffee. But it's fine," Queenie reassures a concerned Jacob. "Tina's the career girl."

Sage shoved her fork into her mouth before setting down her cutlery, trying to ignore the obvious flirting occurring between Queenie and Jacob. Seeing the way others can be so open and express emotion was something Sage could never do.

It wasn't in her nature. It was a common trait for shifters to be incredibly blunt and rude, and Sage was no exception but she was trying to be nicer.

Her fingers unconsciously drummed against the wooden table studying the room, unaware that a pair of eyes were watching her every move. She had eaten her fill and was now restless.

"I think it's time for Therron, Mr Kwolski and I to go to bed. After all, we have to be up early tomorrow to search for my niffler." Newt stood nodding his head to his companions.

Queenie's face pinched in a confused manner, her cutlery being placed on her plate. "What's a niffler?"

"Don't ask. And come on," Tina stood, motioning for the three to follow her to the spare room. "You guys can bunk in here, although there are only two beds." Tina didn't stay long and quickly left the room.

"Don't stress, Scamander. I won't take up much room," Sage said, siting on one bed, patting the empty space beside her and Newt sits. Jacob situating himself on the opposite bed. "I just need a small space to curl up."

Jacob just frowns, unsure of what she meant but was pleased that he needn't share with Newt. He had nothing against the wizard but he liked his personal space.

"We don't need you getting caught. Merlin knows what they'd do if they found out -"

"Found out what?" Tina renters the room with three mugs on a tray. She hands them out carefully, not wanting her guests to burn themselves. Sage accepts it with a quiet thanks, nursing it carefully in her hands as Tina and Newt shared a few words before their host left.

"Hey, look, Mr Scamander -" but Jacob was cut off when the door closed, Newt leaping to his feet and grabbing his suitcase. Without an explanation to the muggle he opened it and then stepped right in. Jacob catches a glimpse of a creature in Sage's arms after she reached into her own case before heading to the open one.