Madam Pomfrey

I wake up to the sound of screaming and after a second I realize it's me. I stop, but everyone has already woken up. I'm sitting up and breathing hard, tears streaming down my face.

Juliana gets up and sees me. "Are you okay?" she asks but we both know the answer. I barely shake my head.

"What the hell is going on here?" yells Professor McGonagall, walking into the room.

"I don't know," Juliana tells her frantically. "She just woke up screaming. Maybe it was a nightmare?"

Professor McGonagall nods understandingly. This must have happened to Beth, too. I bet Professor Flitwick told her about our...um... situation. "Of course. Her sister is in Ravenclaw. I'll get her and take them to Madam Pomfrey."

"I'd like to go too, if that's alright," Juliana says.

Professor McGonagall sighs. "Very well, then, I don't suppose I could talk you out of it."

Juliana laughs quietly. "I doubt it," she admits.

Almost like I'm in a dream, we walk out of the common room and down various corridors.I can't believe what I just saw.

But I know it's real.

We're walking down to wherever the Ravenclaws are. Beth joins us, but as we're walking down, we run into Professor Snape. Beth has told me about him. All of us stop and Juliana and I go pale.

"What is the meaning of this?" he asks Professor McGonagall.

"I'm taking them to the hospital wing."

"All three of them?" he asks skeptically.

"Yes."

We continue on before he can say anything. At some point Professor McGonagall goes back, knowing Beth can take care of us.

We reach the hospital wing. Beth knocks on the door. It opens. Madam Pomfrey's face goes from furious at being woken up so late to sympathetic the second she sees who it is. "Is it the dreams again?" she asks.

"Yes, but it's not me this time," Beth tells her. "It's my sister, Mia."

"Well, hurry up then!" She whisks us into the room and motions for us to sit down.

"Now, what was it?" she asks. I don't want to say. It's just too horrifying, literally my worst nightmare. "Oh, I see." She turns to Beth. "It's been so long since you've been in here. Will she react to-"

"Definitely." Beth cuts her off before she can say it. "She won't take anything."

"Of course, of course. Neither would I, especially nowadays. Never know who you can trust. But maybe..." she rummages through her drawers but comes up empty-handed.

Suddenly, Beth jumps back. "Wh-wh-what is it?" asks Juliana, startled and slightly afraid.

"I think-I think-" Beth glances at me. I nod. I've never done this before, but I'm glad it works. "You're sure?" Her voice trembles. "It was our father," she tells Madam Pomfrey. "He-"

"He was killed." The pattern of tiles on the floor is suddenly very interesting. "By...by him, personally. He was a Muggle. It was the killing curse. It was quick and clean, they were in and out in less than a minute. He..." My voice breaks for a moment. "He didn't feel a thing. Just gone."

Juliana looks at me, confused. I'll explain later, I communicate to her. She raises her eyebrows in suspicion but doesn't say a word.

Once we are back to the privacy of the common room, we each sit in an armchair. "Spill."

"I'm a Muggle-Born," I say truthfully.

"And...?" Juliana prompts.

"I..I'm sorry, but I just can't tell you. It's not that I don't trust you!" I add quickly, seeing her face. "There's always the chance that we'll be overheard. And you would be in danger, real danger. Let's just say that it's a miracle I'm alive..."

I get up and go to my room. Juliana follows.

"You should try Occlumency, if it's the dreams that bother you."

I glance at my best friend. How nice it must be, to be a pureblood wizard, nothing more, nothing less. For once, I decide to tell her a bit of the truth.

"Thanks, Juliana, but I need the dreams."

Hello all my lovely readers! As promised, I have another question of the day:
What is the weirdest Halloween candy you have ever gotten? (Not necessarily candy.) (Wow this is random!)
I got beef jerky once. I came home from trick-or-treating one year and dumped out my candy, and there was a Slim Jim in the mix of Milky Ways and Laffy Taffy.

One more thing: book of randomness coming soon! It will definitely include Harry Potter and Pretty Little Liars, but it may also have musicals (maybe Hamilton or Rent) or other books, movies, or TV shows.

~~Sasha