¹4 : Full Chapter

The darkness of the room disappeared in a blink as Chae turned on the bright lights. Walking towards the door, she stood in front of it quietly; prayed for the police officer to rescue her. For once in a million years, she had someone other than her own best friend to believe in. Someone that would rescue her.

Shutting her eyes, she sighed in relief as the sound of knocking and footsteps outside of her room stopped. Chae opened her eyes, a slight smile appeared on her face. Finally, I'm safe. Finally, a chance to go out alive.

"Ms Jung? You can open the door now, we managed to arrest him already. I'm Officer Kim, the one who talked to you earlier," a deep voice called out, knocking the door softly.

A wide smile took over Chae's once dull expression, and she grabbed the doorknob, opening the door with such great force.

But, as she saw who was the one standing in front of her, she turned around quickly, running away from the person.

It was not a police officer, but it was a guy she knew too well. The guy she wanted to forget about. The guy who tainted her purity, and abandoned her with nothing but bruises.

Kim Taehyung.

He was leaning against the wall; holding a gun, his other hand was in his pocket. "Wow, you're so easy to trick, seriously no fun," his face was the definition of evil, as he smiled slightly at the sight of Chae's terrified expression.

"But anyway, what do we have here? My little kitten," Taehyung chuckled under his breath. He seemed to be amused with something Chae wasn't sure about.

Chae mentally slapped herself as her eyes landed on the opened door. Damn, I forgot to close the door. Stupid Chae. Should've closed the door earlier. Stupid Chae. Stupid.

"We have such great fate, Chae. I was just helping my friend with his mission and here we are, face to face like this. How I miss your screams," the guy said, his voice was deep, maybe even deeper than the sea.

"To think that the one who Hoseok hyung selected as his 49th victim is non other than the great Jung Chae, my pretty toy, such a great coincidence, right?"

"T-Taeh-Taehyung, please stop," Chae breathed out, her hands trembling as she tried to grab any kind of object that can help her defend her own self, but a rough pair of hands blocked her actions.

His laugh filled the once silent room, as he raised the gun in his hand, and showed it to the girl with a cheeky smile on his face. Then, he kept it inside of his pocket to prevent Chae from having her hands on the dangerous weapon. With small steps, he stepped closer to her, raising his hand and cherished Chae's soft cheek.

"Now, now, be a good girl, will you?" Taehyung whispered, and leaned down to kiss Chae's neck softly. "Just act like you always do in front of me," upon hearing his words, Chae closed her eyes, preventing from the tears to pour down. It's always like this with him. Monster.

"Taehyung, stop. Let the girl go."

The sound of someone's voice stopped Taehyung from doing anything he had in mind to Chae, and he clicked his tongue; turned around to face the owner of the voice.

"Hoseok hyung, why did you stop me?" It was crystal clear that Taehyung was annoyed, but Hoseok brushed it off, not really minding the guy. After all, he was not there to play along with the guy's game, but to finish off what he started.

His very own death game.

"The answer to your question is too obvious," Hoseok answered, his gaze was empty, but the feelings hidden in his brown orbs appeared as he continued his sentence.

"Because that's my job to torture her, not you, it's my job to murder her, not you," Hoseok grinned, a sick expression on his face. His hands appeared from behind his body, holding weapons as if they were toys. A gun and a knife. I could seriously die. Help me please. Somebody, help me!

"Hello, I'm J-Hope, sorry for not introducing myself sooner," Hoseok smiled, raising the weapons up, shaking them as if he was dancing. Chae held her breath as the guy walked slowly towards her and Taehyung, closing the door behind him.

Hoseok bowed slightly, grinning from ear to ear. "How to murder someone, step one. Mind your manners and bow respectfully," laughter erupted as Hoseok finished his sentence, but as they stopped laughing, the deafening silence filled the room again, killing Chae slowly and painfully.

"Anyway, we're near the end now, Taehyung," Hoseok said, out of the blue.

Silence. Sound of the fan spinning. Dreadful silence. Deafening silence.

"Thanks for helping me all this time, I appreciate it," Hoseok continued his sentence, and pointed the gun directly towards Taehyung's head.

"Hyung? What are you doing? Why are you pointing that at me? You need glasses? The girl's beside me, not standing in front of me!" Taehyung shouted, and he stepped behind Chae's body to hide from the gun. He grabbed his gun, and pointed it towards Hoseok's chest. But, the guy just laughed at him, not even slightly swayed by the sight of the dangerous weapon.

"I gave you the gun with no bullets inside. Just give up already, will you?" Hoseok exclaimed, stepping closer towards the two.

"I'm near my goal, 50 victims. If I kill her, that would be 49. But unfortunately for you, Kim Taehyung, I'm too lazy to search for a new victim my own self, and you're already standing in front me," Hoseok explained, a blank look on his face. "I'll be committing suicide after this anyway, people wouldn't know I killed you guys," he continued again, this time, he ended his sentence with an evil laugh. He raised his gun properly again, a smirk on his face.

"Say goodbye to the world now, will you?"

BANG!

"One down, one more."

"PLEASE! NO! HELP ME!"

BANG!

"Mission complete," Hoseok let out a deep sigh, his eyes roamed around the room before landing on the dead bodies in front of him. Blood was gushing out from their bodies, exciting the murderer blood running inside of Hoseok's body.

"Let's finish off the work first, shall we?"

Hoseok sat down on the floor. "Beautiful darkness. A great time to die, huh?"

He grabbed his gun once again, but this time, he pointed it to his own skull.

"So this is how they felt when I pointed a gun at them, how interesting."

A tear escaped from his left eye, his lips broke out into a wide smile.

"I helped all of those people to find peace again. I did great, right, mom?"

BANG!

Darkness.

Blank.

Emptiness.

Loneliness.

He was sure of his actions.

He did good.

He's a good person.

Jung Hoseok is a good person.

But why did he feel so guilty?