EX : The Past

19 January 2016, 2 days before the death of Min Yoongi
________________________________________

"J-Hooooooooope," a loud voice called out to Hoseok, making the boy tripped over nothing. He was pretty convinced there was something invisible there though. Turning around, Hoseok smiled, his eyes turned into crescents at the sight of his best friend running towards him.

Min Yoongi. The only person who would call him by his internet alias. The only person he could lean on, the only person who cared enough about him; to the extend of being his best friend.

"What's with the long face? Did anyone harass you again? I'm seriously going to beat someone up today," Yoongi exclaimed, rather dramatically. Hoseok scoffed, walking off on his own which caused Yoongi to pout cutely at his best friend.

"Why are you ignoring me today? Or are you not Hoseok? Helloooooo," Yoongi waved his hand right in front of Hoseok's face, eyebrows knitted together.

Stopping his steps, Hoseok stood still in front of Yoongi, staring into the boy's brown orbs without saying anything. Yoongi, who noticed Hoseok's sudden weird behaviour, stepped back jokingly.

"You're not Hoseok, aren't you? Excuse me sir, but I don't play with demons," upon hearing what Yoongi said, Hoseok laughed as he reached over to Yoongi's head, ruffling the shorter boy's hair gently.

"What are you going on about? Seriously, Min Yoongi is the definition of weirdness. But it's kind of cute, you can continue acting like that," Hoseok said, and pulled the older into a tight headlock. He ran forward as fast as he could, maybe even faster than Usain Bolt.

Fortunately, it was still early in the morning, so there was no one other than them in the hallway. Only the sound of their laughter can be heard in the empty hallway. Yoongi freed himself from Hoseok's headlock, pouting at his buddy, yet again. He walked off, intending to just leave Hoseok alone in the hallway.

"Hyung? You're going on the wrong way," Hoseok said, laughing as Yoongi turned around, an annoyed expression on his pale face.

"No need to point out the obvious, okay? I just want to accompany you to your class, you know that it's dangerous for you to walk alone like this," the black-haired boy sighed, grabbing Hoseok's hand and forced the boy to walk beside him. "Hyung, I'm okay. There's no one at school right now."

"Uh, what did you say? I'm suddenly deaf."

"Hyung."

"What?"

"Hyung," Hoseok faced Yoongi with a stern expression, letting the boy know that he will not give in to his orders today. He was just not in the mood.

"You're so stubborn, Hobi. How I wish I can invent a mind control machine just to control you," Yoongi laughed at his own stupid idea, but quieted down as he realized it wasn't that stupid at all. "To think of it, I really should make one."

"Whatever floats your boat, hyung," Hoseok shook his head at the older's random thoughts, as he fasten his pace towards his own locker. Fortunately for them, their lockers are right beside each other.

Opening his own locker, Yoongi grabbed some books, closed his locker before facing Hoseok. "Oh right, how's your dad and sister doing?"

Upon hearing the question, Hoseok froze. He bit his lips, before answering half-hearted. "Like usual, they don't really care about my well-being anyway. I don't really remember when was the time I have a full conversation with them."

"That's harsh," Yoongi gasped, leaning against his locker.

"But if you want to know about their well-being instead, nothing unusual,"