Chapter 19

A/N: sorry this took a while.

(Yeah yeah. Same song as before)

You were on this ship still going as your training was almost complete. You just still needed to be in the room you were training in to make sure. Your power had grown more and more as the dust go by but you weren't going to stop yet.

(Y/N)'s mind: so......soon. soon it'll be time.

(Meanwhile)

Yang Xiao Long sitting on a green couch in her home on Patch as she had just finished looking through the channels and she decides to turn the news off. She sits there holding the remote, and a door clicks open.

Taiyang Xiao Long: I’m home!

Yang sets the remote down and leans her head backward on the couch, looking up at the newcomer that way.

Yang: Hey, Dad.

Taiyang is shown carrying three boxes with two bags hanging from his forearms.

Taiyang: Guess what came in today!

The door shuts behind Taiyang as he walks into the living room.

Yang: What?

Taiyang:: I can’t wait for you to try this.

He walks into another room to unload, while on the couch Yang looks somewhat interested. Taiyang returns, carrying one long white box. He sets it on the coffee table in front of Yang, revealing the Kingdom of Atlas symbol on it. She looks at it and doesn’t move.

Taiyang: Well?

Yang: It’s… for me?

Taiyang: For you and you only.

Yang lifts the lid off the box to reveal a robotic right arm. Yang looks it over, somewhat wide-eyed while her father gushes. She blinks and her eyes droop a bit, revealing she’s more distressed than pleased.

Taiyang: Brand new, state of the art Atlas tech. You know, I thought I was gonna have to pull some strings, call in a few favors, but you earned this one all on your own, kiddo.

Yang: Huh?

Taiyang: Before I could even talk to him, General Ironwood already had one of his top scientists working on this, for you. He wanted me to tell you that you fought admirably. You should be proud of yourself.

Yang looks up at her father but says nothing.

Taiyang: Well? You going to try it on?

Yang: I uh… I’m not feeling too great right now. Maybe later?

Taiyang deflates a bit and puts his hand to the back of his neck as he sighs and considers how best to respond.

Taiyang: Well, alright.

Yang gets up and walks up the stairs, Taiyang giving her an encouraging smile as she passes in front of him. She pauses partway up the steps, turning in his direction.

Yang: Thanks, Dad.

Yang continues upstairs as a visibly disheartened Taiyang bows his head.

Later, Yang sweeps the porch, adept at it with one arm. She pauses to wipe her brow and sigh. The next scene shows her getting mail out of the mailbox at the end of their driveway. Lastly, she’s in the kitchen, rinsing a glass. As she lifts it out of the sink, it slips out of her fingers and she gasps. When it hits the floor and breaks, it triggers a flashback. Against blackness there’s a gray slash moving from upper left to bottom right and the red markings from Adam’s mask glow while the sound of a sword loudly resonates. In the kitchen, Yang rears back with a cry. She clings to the countertop and pants, out of breath due to fright. Her fist comes down against the countertop, and Yang gets herself under control. From the doorway, Taiyang watches with concern before turning away without saying a word.