Chapter 17

Seraphina pushes Liam's body from hers as soon as she heard the sound of running coming from the other end of the hallway.

She ran toward the sound hoping it wasn't who she thought it would be. She made it towards the table area and saw every last piece of Alexzander gone from the table.

Seraphina immediately pushed the doors open running in the direction of the parking lot. She made her way there quickly, and there in the pale moonlight, she saw Alyssa standing there aimlessly.

"Where did he go?"

"That way", She had responded, pointing in the direction of Alexzander's house.

Seraphina's POV
I began to run, knowing exactly where he would be, his safe place. I tugged at my shoes, as I had just tripped and broke a heel.

The pitter - patter of my bare feet echoed in the quiet night as I ran down streets, crossing streets dangerously.

Everything became a blur to me and I only realized that I was at my destination when I felt the cold grass in-between my toes.

I climbed to wobbly ladder and pushed the trapdoor up, finding Alexzander nursing his hand with tears in his eyes.

"Alex......".

"There is nothing that you can say that will change what happened, you obviously felt something and I'm not stopping you, I'm not trying anymore, he can have you", He responds sternly, as if talking to someone he barely knew.

"Alex......".

"Seraphina just go I don't want to see you anymore, I have loved you with every ounce of me and you shattered me, if he makes you happy, then go, I wasn't enough for you".

With that, I climb out of the tree house for the last time, knowing that-that had been the last time we would talk.