Chapter 8

Harry walked into the hotel room and glanced around at all the people. A few of his costars, but mostly it was industry people, makeup and hair people and the interviewer. He sighed, such as life on a press junket. He didn't remember things being this exhausting when the boys were doing this same thing when This is Us was released but then again he wasn't at the precipice of falling hopelessly in love with someone then either.

Everything he did, everything he heard, everything he saw reminded him of her or of some conversation they had. It was starting to get sad. Harry couldn't do anything without the heavy weight of missing her on his shoulders.

He was in the middle of shaking hands and pleasant greetings when he felt his phone buzz in his pocket.
I've had some wine

He instantly smiled. Drunk Elena was fun. This boring interview just got a whole lot more interesting that's for sure. He tapped to respond,

Uh oh
He saw the three dots pop up indicating she was responding.

You grab yourself onstage a lot.

Harry stopped himself from bursting out laughing as the sound people clipped a microphone on him.

What?

I'm bored.

Didn't we discuss about how dangerous googling is?

I made the mistake of falling into the YouTube rabbit hole. Watching concert videos

Oh...well what can I say? Sometimes things need to be repositioned

Is that what you're doing when you're grabbing the other boys' nuts too? Repositioning?

Len...

Because you guys grab each other's nuts...like...a LOT!

Harry slapped his hand to his forehead as he shook his head slightly.

Maybe you should watch something else

She was silent for a few moments. Harry giggled to himself and looked up just in time to see the interviewer take her seat across from him and a few of his co-stars. He looked down at his phone just before he shoved it back into his pocket. 

What are you doing?

About to do an interview

Oh. Sorry. I'll leave you alone

Harry smiled, shook his head a couple more times and then shoved his phone into his back pocket. 

The interview was boring. Same old questions, same old mundane discussions. How did he like being in a movie? How was the transition from music to movies? Did he have fun shooting? Blah blah blah. Harry could have phoned in this interview. He tried his best to stay engaged but when his phone buzzed in his pocket, it was all he could do not to get up and walk out. He'd much rather be talking to Elena anyway.

Finally after about 30 minutes of listening to his co-stars drone on about things they'd discussed three interviews ago, there was a break. Harry pulled his phone out of his pocket immediately.

Who's Larry?

Harry's eyes widened. Oh shit. He definitely didn't have the time for this discussion.

Larry is that crazy uncle you have that no one talks about

I don't have a crazy uncle

Good then we don't need to talk about it

Larry Stylinson...?

Harry frowned. This just ceased being funny. Elena had now stumbled upon one of the darker parts of his career. This would require a longer discussion and one that didn't happen over text.