Chapter 17

Elena went to practice the next morning and endured the silent treatment from Andrea which she probably deserved but still felt like it was being handled childishly. Chrissy suggested they all go out to dinner to discuss it, but it was Elena's last night with Harry before he left again and she wasn't going to sacrifice that even if Andrea was mad at her still.

The thing was though, Andrea had never stayed mad at Elena for this long before.

Harry was sitting out on her deck when she made it inside the house. Scribbling in one of his many journals that Elena was curious about but never mentioned. He looked up, jutting his chin out,

"Kiss." He said as she leaned down to press her lips to his, "How was practice?"

"Redundant."

Harry frowned,

"Andrea's still mad?"

"Yeah...but I don't wanna talk about her." She rested her hand against his cheek, "It's our last night together. I wanna hear your CD."

"Thought you might have forgotten about that."

"Not a chance. I've been anticipating this all damn day. I'm gonna go get some PJs on and meet you in my bedroom."

Harry nodded,

"See you in a few."

He smiled, his eyes drifting down to her ass as she walked away. Being away from that ass for a month was not exactly something he was looking forward to, he needed to get in every last look that he could.

He shook his head and turned back to his journal. Seemed that lately the lyrics were just pouring out of him. He couldn't count the number of times he'd stopped himself that week to scribble down something that just popped in his head.

Apparently being this in love was good for his lyrical ability.

He scribbled down a few more lines, smiling to himself before he closed and clasped the journal. He walked into Elena's kitchen, shoving his journal into his shoulder bag and making his way to her bedroom.

He smiled when he saw her pulling a brush through her hair in the bathroom. He so loved it when she left her hair down.

She looked over at him,

"You ready? Cuz I'm gonna be like Siskel and Ebert all over this shit."

Harry laughed as he shook his head,

"They reviewed movies."

She walked out of the bathroom, snapping the light off and then taking a running hop onto her bed,

"Don't change the subject."

Harry sat down next to her, pulling his phone out of his pocket. They both sat against Elena's headboard while Harry set his phone on his leg and pushed play. Elena let her head rest against his shoulder while she took comfort in knowing she was the first one allowed to listen to the songs her love had written.

-------------------------------------

"Are you warm enough?" Harry murmured into Elena's ear. Ever since she'd returned home from practice, they'd been in bed. Talking, giggling, listening to music, making love...it had been a perfect day.

Now, wrapped in each other's arms and burrowed in the covers Harry contemplated if it was possible for things to get any better.

She nodded gently,

"I'm nice and toasty."

He traced his fingers around her bellybutton under the sheets,

"Are you hungry?"