SIX

-Alexander's POV-

Sitting in my office all day always used to make me feel so suffocated but I don't feel it anymore now that I have my Ruby's photo to look at.

I was looking at the photos I have on my phone when it started to buzz, there was an incoming call.

"What." I barked into my phone as soon as I answered, not in a good mood anymore.

As soon as I heard the news, my mood worsened. I hired a bodyguard to follow my Ruby since I am unable to be there every second of the day. My bodyguard keeps me updated at all times so that I know what my Ruby is up to, wherever she is at any time of the day.

After my bodyguard updated me of where she is, I had to check it for myself. I grabbed my coat and rushed out of my office.

Driving to the restaurant reported to me, I stopped the car at the opposite of the road. From where I was at, I could see her sitting across a man.

I was boiling with anger, not only is she with a man but she's with my biggest rival! Duncan Hendrix, how dare they!

I can see my Ruby laughing happily and eating his food, as though they are on a date. After they are done, I expected them to part ways but they got into each of their car and drove towards the same direction!

I should have went after them and demanded an answer but instead I did something out of anger, something that I know I will regret.

Scrolling through my contact list, I found a number I was looking for.

I was invited to an event and I was planning to bring my Ruby along but I've decided to bring someone else after what I've just witnessed.

"You're coming with me to an event tomorrow. Be prepared."

- Ruby's POV-

I had a great time playing with baby Maya last night, I want a baby girl like her but that's not going to happen anytime soon.

I have an event to attend to tonight so I'll be spending my day preparing myself. That means spa, nails, hair, everything.

The event starts at 6pm, but I have decided to arrive earlier, around 5pm or so, since I don't want to attract any attention towards me at all.

I seldom attend any events as I like to keep a low profile, not wanting people to know of my influential family background. So, whenever I do attend an event, I tend to go early and blend in with the crowd. It's also best for me to attend alone, as bringing along a date will attract too much attention.

If my date is well-known or influential, people will want to know who he brought as his date and if he is not well-known then people will want to know what is he doing there at the event, who allowed him to enter, who is his date, etc. which brings too much attention.

Firstly, I decided to head to the spa I booked last night. A full body package to relax my body and mind.

Then I went to get my make-up professionally done at my favourite, Yves Saint Laurent Beauty Salon. I've been going there to do my makeup for years, as I was very impressed by the service and skills provided the first time I went and now I am a proud frequent customer. For today's event, I've decided to go with a rose gold eyeshadow, silver glitters crease cut eye make-up with bold winged eyeliner and a dark red matte lipstick to seal the look.

After getting my make-up done, I went home to get my hair done myself. What's the point of buying such expensive, said to be the best hair products if I don't even do my own hair?

I curled my hair into natural waves and instead of having a fancy hairstyle, I want to just let the curls hang nicely.

While I was pampering myself in the spa and getting my make-up and hair done, I instructed my personal stylist to pick out my outfit for tonight. Just as I was finishing my hair, the bell rang and I can hear my housekeeper opening the door.

My room is on the second floor, and I can hear heels clicking as someone, I'm assuming my stylist, climbs up the stairs.

"Ruby, I have your outfit picked out."

I was expecting to see Lily, my stylist, waiting for me at the door but I was surprised to see Mary waiting outside.

"What are you doing here? Where's Lily?"

"Oh, I heard you're attending an event and I have the perfect dress for you so I came instead of Lily. I hope you're not disappointed."

"I'm glad you're here. Now, let me see the dress!"

Mary unwrapped the dress from the black bag it was in. The dress is beautiful.

I fell in love with it as soon as I laid my eyes on it. It was a white backless long dress, with a long slit that stops just slightly below my hipbones and a deep V-neckline. At the back of the dress, there was a beautiful, detailed lace design that just draws your eyes to it.

"Aww Mary, it's beautiful! Yet, oddly familiar." I said to Mary in a suspicious tone, yet almost tearing up, to which she smiled sheepishly and shifted her eyes to avoid my eye contact. Gotcha!

The reason why it's so familiar is because I designed the dress. It was a rough sketch for my fashion show that didn't fit the theme so I ended up keeping it in case I could use it in the future. Mary must have seen it and went to get it done without me knowing.

"It's going to look even more beautiful on you, Ruby."

"I know, I designed it."

I put on the dress and I dare say it is now one of my best design and I'm glad I kept this design.

The dress fit perfectly, showing off my curves and long legs. Thankfully, this dress is not as eye-catching as compared to the dresses I can just imagine other female guests will be wearing.

I put on matching diamond accessories, grab my silver clutch, slip on a pair of white criss-cross stilettos and off I went. Well, not before I yelled a quick goodbye to Mary.

________________________

Chapter six.

Votes and comments motivates me to write!

Goal: 120 votes

A big thanks to everyone who voted and left comments! It's been awhile since I've updated, thanks for being so patient and please do continue to show your support. I'm so happy and thankful to know that you are enjoying my story!

 I'm so happy and thankful to know that you are enjoying my story!

FOLLOW|VOTE|COMMENT|