SEVEN

- Ruby's POV-

My parents do not know that I'll be attending the event today, only my brother since he was the one who invited me. I made sure to keep it a secret from my family or else they are surely going to start introducing me to men left and right throughout the entire time and I don't need that right now.

They think it's time I settle down, I know why. They're worried, who wouldn't be. I'm not getting younger, I too want to settle down, get married, have children, and be with the man I love but I just haven't found The One yet. There's always Mr Dreamy Green Eyes. No! Don't think about him, Ruby. Not now.

The event will be taking place at my family home, which luckily for me, is a huge helping factor in my plan to sneak inside since I've lived here for my whole life.

There is no way I'll let myself get caught, I've put in too much effort and have managed to stay hidden away from the media for all these years, I'm not going to let this ruin everything I've done.

My family home is basically a real-life palace, since we're descendents of a royal bloodline after all, it's really no surprise that we live in a castle. There's many bedrooms, a few huge ballrooms, and practically everything that palaces would have and more.

With such a huge house and too many bedrooms, I'm very sure that nobody will even find out that I'm back if I just hid in my old bedroom. I'll just lock the door, just in case.

Well, nothing has changed at all in my room, and everything has stayed the same since I moved out so I had no difficulty moving about at all.

Since I'm still too early for the event, I just stayed in my room the entire time and I used the free time to do some sketches here and there until the event starts.

About 15 minutes after the event has started, I went to check on my dress, hair and make-up just in case I messed it up somehow while doing my sketches. Don't ask me how, because I don't know, but I have a way of messing up and having to rush through everything again.

Thankfully, I thought to bring along my make-up bag with me so that I can do some touch up on my make-up. Before I know it, it was already an hour into the event. I quickly made my way down to the ballroom, slipping in through the side entrance instead of the main entrance.

Just then, I accidentally made eye contact with a pretty blonde supermodel, Lisa Sanchez, from across the hall but I didn't pay much attention to it and instead went over to the table to grab some food.

There were still people entering from the main entrance, some couples were dancing on the dance floor, many were chattering around and there's a soft melody playing in the background thanks to the live orchestra.

I don't see anyone that I know personally so thank goodness for that. Especially not my family or I'd be very busy having to hide in the shadows or behind groups of people the entire night just to avoid them. I'm assuming they are going to make their grand entrance after everyone arrived so for now, I still have some free time to mingle around.

There was a buffet spread laid out and I was so tempted to just inhale everything that I lay my eyes on, that was how hungry I was, so I took triple the portion I'd normally eat.

I just kept on picking up food after food, what can I say, it's all my favourite! I was so engrossed with my food, that I didn't notice the glare that was directed at me.

- Lisa Sanchez's POV -

Seeing her here brought back all the hatred I've held towards her. It just reminded me of my failure, everything was all going according to plan, he was going to be MINE. Until she appeared.

He was with me first, back at the club, he was with me until he laid his eyes on her and all that I've done had gone to waste.

Alexander was going to be my man, I saw him first. Until she entered, she had to steal him away from me that night.

What was her name again? Ruby? Whatever.

That was when this little low life started appearing everywhere, not just at the club, but even at the Fashion show and now at this elite event.

She's a nobody, just a new model in this industry, a low life compared to me. I'm a supermodel, crowned Ms Universe, I'm more beautiful and richer than her and I'm going to make her pay for what she's done.

I'm the one Alexander wants, I'm his date for this event instead of her. I'll show her not to mess with me.

She's going down. I'll make sure of it.

________________________

Chapter six.

Votes and comments motivates me to write!

Goal: 200 votes

I'm so sorry for the slow update, I know this is super long overdue, I've been having really bad writer's block and I have been just so busy I can't even. But here's an update for you all!

I love reading all your comments so please do leave comments on what you think. Also, what do you think is going to happen at the event? Let me know in the comments!

FOLLOW|VOTE|COMMENT|