He's a Senior and I'm the Freshman Chapter 36

“Ryan!”

I turned around and waited for Tylerto catch up to me.

“Hey,” I said smiling at him.

He wrapped his arm around me as we walked to my homeroom.

“Did you and Chelsea make up?”

“Yeah, we talked it over. She wants to give me a chance. I think she’s looking at this as a milestone in our relationship.”

I chuckled. “Well, I’m just glad you guys made up”.

“Me too,” Tyler kissed my forehead as we reached my homeroom. I quickly dropped off my book bag and rejoined Tyler. We walked around the hallways until the bell rang.

School wasn’t anything special;Tyler took me out to lunch with Chelsea and Logan, but other than that nothing happened.

Once I was home I saw my father’s car in the driveway.

“Dad!” I called running into the house.

“Hey princess,” he said giving me a hug. “What’s up?”

“Nothing really,” I said as Chelsea, Logan and Tyler walked in.

“Hey dad,” Chelsea said hugging him. He hugged her back before shaking the guys’ hands.

“Your mom won’t be here for dinner and she wanted me to help out,” dad explained.

“Okay, well I’m upstairs,” I said taking Tyler’s hand.

We hurried upstairs and crashed on my bed and hung out for a while. I did most of my homework when we were called for dinner.

Afterwards Tyler had to leave for something important. He won’t say but he seemed to be in a hurry.

I didn’t think anything of it.

****

Tyler and I have been going out for a month now and I seem to be getting the star treatment; along with Blake and Mitch.

There’s always a seat for me at the popular table, I don’t have to wait in line, the freshman make way for me in the hallway – which I don’t really get since I’m a freshman and the upper classmen don’t mess with me.

Tonight was the homecoming game and the dance was tonight.

I was in the stands next to Blake and Mitch. We were cheering on our football team.

It was the fourth quarter and we were beating the other team by a touchdown.

Mitch explained the rules to Blake and I before the game.

There were seconds on the clock and the other team was close to their end zone.

The quarterback was passed the ball and was looking for an open teammate when he was tackled. The time ran out and we had won the homecoming game.