He's a Senior and I'm the Freshman Chapter 40

Tyler and I walked into the building and he led me toward two big double doors. He opened them for me and I took in the scene before me.

There were girls and boys stretching and spinning around. A group of girls were practicing their dance steps.

“Um… I’ll be right back,” Tyler said hustling over to an older woman. He talked to her for a while and she looked over at me and smiled. She nodded her head and Tyler hurried back over to me.

“So, my teacher said you can stay but you have to be quite, okay?”

I nodded my head, still a little confused.

Tyler led me over to a chair and I took a seat. He gave me a smile and jogged over to the rest of the dancers.

“Alright!” the older woman said walking into the front of the room. “Start your stretches, Tyler, I want you to lead”.

He looked over at me and started to stretch and count out loud. The rest of the class followed him.

Shortly after music came on and they started to dance ballet. Tyler was really good; he had two solos. Once the dance was over they ran through it a few more times before the class was over.

Most of the dancers left and a few others stayed and got ready for another class; Tyler was one of them.

He smiled at me as his teacher walked in.

Someone else led the stretches and they started to do a contemporary style dance. Tyler didn’t have any solos but he was in the front of the routine. He was so graceful throughout the dance.

The music changed and they jumped right into a more upbeat contemporary dance.

They ran through each dance twice and his teacher, a younger man, corrected them every now and then.

Everyone left the room and Tyler stayed for another class. He pulled on his shoes and walked over to a group of guys. They talked and laughed for a while, before waving at me.

I smiled and waved back. Tyler winked at me as his teachers walked in, a young couple, it looked like. She got everyone’s attention as her husband put in the CD. The music started and the guys walked up to the front of the room and acted like guys. A group of girls walked in front of them and the guys started. Tyler walked over to them and started to break dance. His buddies joined him and tried to show off the girls pushed passed them and the hip hop routine really started to pick up.

At the end of the class I saw Tyler pick up his things and walk over to me. “Well?”

“I love it! You are an amazing dancer. Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I don’t know… I didn’t really want anyone to know. This is just my little secret.”

“I’m glad you shared it with me.” I said hugging him.

Tyler hugged me back before walking me over to his friends.

“This is her,” he said wrapping his arm around me. “Ryan these are the guys and guys this is Ryan.”

“So, this is the girl you always talk about? Nice to finally meet you,” the guy with the glasses said.

I looked over at Tyler who just smiled at me. “Likewise,” I said smiling at them.

“I’ll see you guys on Saturday,” Tyler said walking away with me.

“What’s on Saturday?” I asked.

“Our concert,” he said opening the door for me.

“Am I invited?” I asked as we made our way to his car.

“Well, since you know my secret…”

I smiled. “Thanks for sharing,” I said hugging his waist.

Tyler hugged me back and kissed my forehead.

Once we were in his car Tyler drove us to a little dinner before we headed back to his house.

We headed upstairs to his room. After a few minutes of watching T.V I sat up and looked over at Tyler; he was half asleep. I smiled to myself.

“You know, I really appreciate you sharing your little secret with me”.

“Don’t mention it,” Tyler said.

“You are an amazing dancer. I loved every second of it”.

Tyler smiled and looked over at me. “Thanks babe”.

I leaned down to kiss him and Tyler pulled me on top of him.

I slowly pulled away and smiled. “I thought you were tired”.

“I have some more energy in me”.