$8.00

Aria left two hours later after having that came conversation with Chandler. He liked her. He liked her. That was all she could think about that day.

But how did he mean it? In a friend way? In a romantic way? Aria shook her head. Definitely in a friend way. How could a sexy ass, white boy like him, like a not-that-pretty, black girl like her.

I think she was forgetting the fact that he called her beautiful but okay. I guess its just too hard for her to process that. I mean, going to a school where people didn't accept you because of your skin colour changed a person to believe that white and black couldn't really stand side by side.

Aria walked down the streets, breath coming out like puffs of smoke. It was snowing little, fluffy, cold cotton balls that day so Aria wrapped herself tighter in her jacket.

She looked down, afraid to look into the eyes of everyone. She was so afraid that they might be a fair skinned person and they might judge her. Judge her over something she couldn't control. Her skin.

Sometimes she hated it. Her skin. Her skin that caused her emotional pain from the kids that mentally abused her. Her skin that caused her physical pain when the kids took the hurting to another level.

She would come home, black eyed and heartbroken. And to top it off, she would come home to an empty house.

She had the day off two days ago because....because she was wounded so badly, it sent her to the hospital. Today, was she was lucky though. They ignored her like those few days they did.

Aria was forever grateful.

She walked up the steps to her home that had broken windows and had the 'n word' spray painted across the door thirty minutes later.

Aria fought back tears.