Nowhere Else To Go

▪Anneliese's P.o.v▪

This can't be happening. This can not be happening to me right now.

"No!" I shouted covering my face with my shaking hands as the leather belt came down on me again and again. Crying out I shrink smaller into the corner I found myself in. Turns out the man in the green car was anything but nice.

******

Coming down the stairs in just a tank top and sweatpants I head to the kitchen having a crazy craving for homemade coffee cakes. Getting out the ingredients I look up a recipe on Pintrest and think about the boy who is more bipolar than the weather in England and proud about it. I hadn't seen him outside of school for a couple days since the car breaking down, cone fight incident and it felt weird missing a boy I barely knew on a Sunday morning, but frankly, I did. I miss him. And it scares me.

"Mmm, what's that smell?" Was the first thing I heard from Sarah's hookup of the night other than the mysterious groans I heard last night.

"Probably something the brat is cooking up." The cake part of the coffee cakes had been cooking for the past couple minutes as I prepared the coffee crumble that went on top.

"Heh brat, she probably is cooking to make up for coming home so late last night." He suggested as they walked into the kitchen. Sarah was stark naked while green-car-man was in a pair of too tight briefs that showed too much. Looking away from the nasty people behind me I continue to add sugar to the mix and use the fork to crumble but not completely mash the coffee mix.

"Hey brat! Whatcha makin'?" Sarah asked and I shrugged. Suddenly I was whipped away from the bowl by my hair.

"She asked you a question you miscreant!" Was shouted in my face. Wincing away from his morning breath I tried not to breathe too deeply as his grip got harder, harder then Sarah's ever was. I could feel the hair in my scalp getting ripped out.

Still, I remained silent other then the small whimper that passed through my chapped lips. Abruptly my hair was released and I crumbled to the floor and was kicked in the side.

"Dear, go upstairs and get my belt." He muttered gruffly. Sarah nodded quickly.

"Of course, Richie." She purred.

******

The leather lashed at my skin again making my sob tumble from my lips, getting louder in volume. My breathing was rapid and shallow. The timer on the oven went off and suddenly the beating stopped with a lift of Sarah's hand.

"Enough. Let her finish the meal before you beat her unconscious." She stated and he fumed, his chubby cheeks red with spilling anger.

"That's not good enough! She deserves more! I-" Sarah crushed her lips to his and he cut off with a high moan. His hands groped her body and I looked away in disgust letting my tears drip down my face silently. Minutes later they parted.

"We're going upstairs to talk, that breakfast better be ready by the time we come back down." Grabbing his hand she dragged him out if the kitchen.

"We aren't really going to talk right?" Was the last thing I heard before they trekked up the stairs leaving me crying and shaking on the floor.

Taking the nearly burnt cakes out of the oven I was glad for the little grippers on the oven mitts so my shaky hands didn't drop the pan. Not even waiting for them to cool I grabbed fist fills of the mixture and threw them on the cakes only taking a full three seconds to wash my hands and run to the door where my beat up boots and hat lay along with my white sweater. Running out the door I ran down the street in the pouring rain, turned left, ran another five and a half blocks and found myself at my mother's grave. Breathless I sat down and let my tears slide down my face not caring about the wet grass under me. I am so tired of this bull I put up with. Curling my hand up to my mouth I bit back a sob as my body shook. I want my mom. I want my dad.