Lots and Loads

▪Anneliese's P.o.v▪

Don't come home tonight. -Sarah

Glaring at the device in my hand I look back up toward the front of the classroom, scrubbing a hand down my face. Where on Earth was I suppose to go on a random Tuesday night in March? Taking a deep breath I groan quietly and smack my head against my desk not really caring who saw.

"I'm sorry, is my teaching boring you?" Mr. Brown asked. I rolled my eyes and shrugged. "Speak up Miss. Lynch, I asked; is my teaching bothering you?"

Gritting my teeth I huffed loudly and shook my head again. Why couldn't he just go back to acting like I wasn't here? Ever since my teachers caught wind I was being tutored they all have been getting on my case about my grades and acting like I'm a real student with a future again.

"Perhaps you and I could chat in detention after school today, hm?" He chided. I crossed my arms.

"Fine." I spoke. Nearly every head in the class turned toward me within the second. Mr. Brown himself looked startled by my one syllable declaration. Might as well waste an extra hour here than on the streets or at the grave cite.

Mr. Brown huffed and glared with a passion before scribbling my pink slip and turning back to reviewing for the midterm. Dropping my head into my hand I shut my eyes until the bell rang, gathering my colored half sheet when it did.

******

"You talked in class?" Lifting my head from the library table I looked up at Aaron and gave him a lazy tip of my lips.

"Yeah." I mumbled handing the neon sheet over resting my head against the fake wood of the table again.

"That's great," He said reading it over, dragging out the chair across from me and falling back into it. "maybe people will stop being so scared of you."

I chuckled. Of course people were scared of the mute girl who glared at anyone who stepped to far into her space.

"You're one to talk." I vocalize looking up at him while he pulls a soggy sandwich out of his bag. I cringe snatching my paper back. Not even a detention slip deserved that kind of treatment.

His eyes furrow at the squished bread before his eyes meet mine.

"I only scare away the people I don't like." He grumbled defensively biting his sandwich harshly as if it had done something to him.

"Well I don't like anyone." I deadpanned and tapped my nails against my thigh looking around the library. "What're you doing here anyway, it's lunch time go eat with your friends."

"I am." He chuckled. "And you don't even like me?" Aaron placed his now unoccupied hand over his heart.

"No." I said breezily returning to my lazy lip curl. The hazel orbs from across the table narrowed at me and the hand on his chest gripped his shirt harshly.

"You've wounded me." He says exhaling an exaggerated puff of air. I roll my eyes and chuckle at the theatrics of the only boy I've spoken to in years.

"Ok." I say and he huffs but smiles at me.

"You're exhausting." I nod my head and rest my chin on my hands.

"Yup." Continuing to eat his lunch he fake glares at me. "But really, what's with you avoiding lunch?" I prod again.

"Too loud, I guess. Why do you not want me here?" He asked turning it on me with a squinty look. I gave a fake laugh and nodded.

"Absolutely not, I absolutely hate you. Lots. Loads." I say looking down at my bag my fingers itching to grab my sketch book.

"Lots." He muses with a grin. "Loads." He chuckles. "Ok."