Chapter Eight: We Get A Glimpse Into The Past

Voren held his staff up in the air, his eyes closed. He began to whisper what appeared to be a spell under his breath. Suddenly, the warehouse around us began to swirl and spin and fade away. Then, with a flash of light, we found ourselves on a field. There were beautiful trees surrounding a lake as a group of children played on the hills. They seemed to be the same age as us, if not younger. I couldn't tell who they were. Except, however, one of them looked a lot like me.

"Where are we?" Starla asked, making no attempt to hide that she was freaking out.

"The past," Voren said. "This was back when I was betrayed by Xorale."

The kids ran around and played, using their elements to do so. The one that looked like me controled earth. And the girl that he was with could control fire. The boy gently touched the ground and plants grew all around him, some of which were flowers. He picked one out and handed it to the girl that he stood by. I couldn't really hear what they were saying but she blushed heavily.

"Those would be your folks, Rick," Voren added, a smile on his face. "This was the day that your father broke the ice to your mother."

My dad talked to my mom, obviously nervous to the point he almost got sick. He said something and blushed heavily. Soon, my parents were joined by what looked to be a man who looked like Nick and a woman who looked much like Silver. I knew in an instant that those were their parents. Then came some more people, two of which I assumed were Vicky and Seven's parents, followed by Voren and Xorale, who actually didn't seem evil in the vision. They all seemed to get along.

"I don't understand how this lead to where we are all at today," I said, genuinely confused.

Voren waved his staff and I found that we had jumped a few years later. A younger Voren and Xorale stood in a dark room, arguing about something. Voren was tall, with long brown hair as well as facial hair. He wore a back leather jacket with a black shirt and blue jeans. Xorale had short, black hair, and wore all black. They were talking low but I could start to make out what they were saying.

"How can you be so selfish that you would want the world all for yourself?" Voren asked Xorale, who had a remorseless look on his face. There was no soul in Xorale's eyes. He was cold, heartless, and seemingly dead inside.

"The world belongs to us both, brother," Xorale replied. "The powers we possess put all the others to shame. You control spirits and I control darkness. Together, we can rule this world as our own."

"Speak for yourself, Xorale. I want no part of this."

Xorale smiled evilly. He began radiating a purple energy that made Nick's look like it was nothing. "Then you will die!" He yelled, sending a blast of darkness right at Voren, sending him into a wall. Voren stood up, now radiating a white energy. He focused and clapped his hands together, sending a bolt of pure spiritual energy at Xorale, sending him through a wall and out into the fields outside. Voren ran and jumped out of the hole in the wall that he made. He landed on the ground, energy shooting in all directions. Then, our parents came rushing out, all of them ready for battle. I saw my dad and mom run out, creating combos of power much alike the ones that Emerson and I had made. Xorale stood up, surrounded by all of the other elementals. Soon, it was an all out battle. Xorale summoned more darkness than one could even imagine. He worked his arms in what seemed to be a martial art form of some sort. Suddenly, spears of darkness floated around Xorale, who then made them fire at everyone just by thinking about it. One spear went right into my mom's chest, taking her life instantly. I dropped to my knees as I watched. Dad always she passed away in her sleep, I thought. Then, my father stomped the ground, making spikes of rock shoot up from the dirt at Xorale. He radiated a green energy so powerful, he was indestructible. I watched as Xorale's spears bounced of my dad, disintegrating as soon as they hit him. My dad threw spikes at Xorale, piercing his chest and blood going everywhere.