*4*

Taeyeon puts her bag on her chair while her friends look at her in blank.

"You get hit again?" Sunkyung asked.

Taeyeon shrugged, she don't have any need to answer since it is totally obvious.

"Why don't you tell the police? This is getting worst." Miyoung asked, studying her bruises and wounds.

"How can I do that. They're the only family that my parents believe." She said.

Their convesation were cut when their homeroom teacher steps in. "I have a good but bad news." She informed.

"And what is that?" Sooyoung asked.

"Exo class will be added to your class." She said.

The nine girls stared at her blankly before whining.

"What so good about that? I only see bad." Hyoyeon said.

"Well, the good is, they're so handsome and popular." She exclaims playfully, trying to lift up the mood.

"I don't know that you're one of their fangirls, Mrs Choi." Yuri said.

"I'm going to sleep all days." Sooyeon said, earning the laughter.

"Come on girls, I know you will get along with them." Mrs Choi said, winking jokingly.

-

"Taeyeon, tell me. What happened to your face?" Baekhyun shakes her sleeves.

She groans in frustration. Because of that stupid order from the principal, she now has to sit beside Baekhyun.

"Can you just please shut up and mind your own business?" She asked, continuing to write her notes.

"You're my business." Her heart skip a beat.

"Since when?"

"Since I'm courting you." He mutters seriously, and the tingles of shivers all over her body cannot be ignored.

"Baekhyun, stop joking about that." She said, looking away.

He stops shaking her sleeves right away. "Alright, let's say that I'm joking."

-

Baekhyun arched his neck, searching for a certain someone. As they reached the gate, he saw her biding a goodbye to ger friends, saying that she needs to go.

He quickly turns to his friends. "I want to take my homework books that I left at class. Don't wait for me." He excused.

Not waiting for any of their response, he quickly made his way, following her from a far.

She seems to not noticing any shadow of him, and it satisfies him enough.

He hides behind the bushes, keeping his pace with her.

"Irene, where are you when Baekhyun came yesterday?"

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow, not because of his name got mentioned, but because she is talking to no one.

In other words, she is talking to the air.

"He is handsome, cute--wait, what. Yeah, he is taller than me, his hair is dark brown." She explained.

Baekhyun let out a soft chuckle, hearing her praising him indirectly.

I thought she has no interest on me.

Getting out from his hiding spot, he walks closer to her.

"Irene? Where are you?" She searched for something, before turning around to see him. "Baekhyun?"

"Now I'm sure that you're talking with someone." He steps closer, while she steps backwards until she was blocked with the wall.

"Say the truth." He stared into her eyes, eating her inside.

Knowing that she can't hide it anymore, she admitted, "I can see the ghost. I can see the paranormal presences. I can see the other worlds."

"Ghost? The ones that rumoured to own this garden?"

"Yes. But actually, I'm the one that take care of this garden and house, and they just guides the garden if there is any disaster." She said, looking down.

"If you're scared with me, you can just run from me and act like you don't know me, but please. Don't spread it." She said, turning away.

"Who said I'm scared with you?" He said, sighing. "You're still a normal person. That's not a big deal."

Taeyeon could feel her blood rising in relieve when she heard his response.

"But still, I don't want to be your friend." He said, and her face dropped.

"Because I want more than that."

-