Chapter Two

**So what's changed and why? 

**Severus is the last one to enter the house instead of being the first. This is because Lily would not have left Harry if she knew he was still in the house. Plus Hagrid had to see the bodies of Lily and James in order for Sirius and Hagrid to think they were both dead and to move on with the plotline. 

**Lily is alive. It's called fanfiction for a reason.

**James dies. I'll explain this in the next chapter.**

My eyes fluttered open and I wished that I didn't have to wake up. Waking up hurt right now. My head was killing me with a mind-splitting migraine. There was some form of burning pain too both on my head and over my left arm, based mainly at the forearm. If I moved a finger, my arm burnt and I gasped at the agonising pain.

"Lily?" Whispered a voice. I recognised that voice but it wasn't one I wanted to hear. I opened my eyes properly anyway and looked up at the ceiling where a head was blocking my view. I recognised his face but I hadn't seen it in a long time.

"Severus? Severus Snape? Is that you?" I whispered.

"Lily," The voice was a sigh of relief but also one of concern. I tried to sit up and screamed as the pain shot down my arm. Severus stopped me from sitting up by placing a hand on my shoulder and putting me down on the floor again. "Stop. You've broken your arm. You'll hurt yourself more."

"How can you tell?" I twisted to try and look at my arm. It didn't look too bad.

"Where's the pain?" He crouched down and tapped my arm.

"Shoulder. Elbow. Forearm. Everywhere." I moaned.

"I think you've broken your arm, Lil."

"I want to get up..." I gasped as tears filled my eyes. I wanted James... Where was he? Where was Harry? Where was my son?

"Give me a minute, Lily. You'll be alright." Severus waved his wand, murmuring an incantation. I groaned as I felt a movement within my arm. It hurt so bad... Severus muttered an apology over and over again as he moved my arm across my chest. He then placed a hand between my shoulder blades and helped me to sit up. My arm, surprisingly, did not hurt but everything else just ached. My ankle killed as I tried to stand but Severus helped me balance on one leg, putting his arms around me to support me.

"Where's James? Where's Harry?" My tears flowed freely down my face because I already knew the answer.

"James is dead." The way that Severus said it hurt. It hurt like lemon juice in a cut, worse than salt rubbed into the wounds. It said it harshly and I think that's what made me collapse as suddenly I felt my knees give out and Severus was holding me up. Severus must have seen my face of pure pain as he looked deeply into my eyes, holding me tight and murmuring apologies over and over.

"Where's... Where's Harry?" I gasped.

"I... I don't know." I almost fell backwards and Severus had to hold me up again.

"What do you mean?" I cried through the never ending flow of rears.

"He isn't here, Lily... Your son isn't here."

"THEN WHERE IS HE?" I screamed, pushing Severus away. The force behind my fists to his chest surprised him enough that he let me go and moved back a step only to come to rescue when I almost went to the floor again. I just wanted to crawl into a hole and die... Why hadn't He killed me??

"I don't know, Lily... I don't know..." Severus' voice was terrified. He was scared of the way I was acting but I honestly didn't care. He could not come to my side, fix my arm and tell me I was living for nothing. Nothing...