Chapter 6- Coincidences.

She couldn't quite believe what she had just heard. Serena slowly unlocked her cubicle before walking out. Neither could believe what they were seeing. This couldn't be right, could it? Bernie stood in shock as Serena emerged from the other cubicle. "B... Bernie?" Serena stuttered as she walked out of the cubicle, unable to fathom the fact that Bernie was stood in front of her. "W... What are you doing here?" Bernie asked, looking rather unsure what to do or say to the brunette. "I could ask you the same thing." Serena replied, she too wasn't sure what to do or say. "I was coming back to Holby... For you." Bernie took a deep breath as she replied to the brunette stood in font of her. Serena shuddered as she heard what the blonde replied. "Why are you here?" Bernie asked rather bitterly. She didn't mean to ask so bluntly; she couldn't really believe what she was seeing. Serena suddenly got a lump in her throat, unable to digest with what was happening, Serena ran.

Serena ran and ran, and by running what she actually did was walk out on Bernie. She headed straight to her nephew to get him; she needed to get out of it all. Serena was normally a strong person, normally there for everyone else. "Jason, come on sweetie, I need to go out and get some air for a few minutes." Serena told the young man, as she panicked. "But aunty Serena, it's raining. And besides, I'm comfy here, they have a quiz show on." Jason smiled to his Aunty as he watched the subtitles on the television screen. "Very well, I'll be back in soon, I just need to get some air." Serena replied, before walking out of the airport doors.

Serena suddenly got a huge overwhelming sensation as she lost the rhythm to her breathing. It had suddenly become heavy and more persistent. Serena knew what was happening, she just couldn't control it. She was having a panic attack. Slowly she bent over, placing her hands on her knees as she tried to regain control over her breathing. Luckily, or rather unluckily for her, she knew a certain doctor which was lurking nearby. After Serena practically ran out of the ladies room on Bernie, the blonde had decided to go and purchase a packet of cigarettes. Yes, the blonde knew she was supposed to be quitting, but sometimes certain situations mean that it is mandatory for the blonde surgeon to have a cigarette, and this was one of the situations.

As she was halfway through her first cigarette, Bernie heard the fast breathing rate from someone, walking round the corner she saw Serena panicking. Bernie quickly put her cigarette out, before helping Serena. The blonde placed one hand on Serena's back, and one on the brunette's abdomen. "Serena, follow my breathing pattern." Bernie advised as she started to define her breathing pattern. "In, one, two, three, and out." Bernie said as she helped regulate Serena's breathing. After a few minutes Serena had managed to gain control over her breathing. "Thank you." The brunette smiled to Bernie, who nodded in return. "You know your blood sugar levels will be running low now Serena. Fancy joining me in the cafeteria?" Bernie asked, not realizing her hand was still on Serena's back. "I have to get back to Jason." Serena replied, not meaning to sound so harsh. "I mean, I should go and check on him, then maybe we could go for a bite to eat?" Serena suggested as she looked to the ground, not sure what to do or say. "Sounds like a plan." Bernie smiled at Serena, rubbing the brunette's shoulder, which in effect made Serena flinch. "Sorry." Bernie said, quickly removing her hand. "Don't be." Serena looked up at the blonde, smiling slightly. The two walked inside the airport to find Jason, who was fixated on the television.

"Jason, I'm just going to the café with Bernie." Serena said, with a slight smile on her face. "Okay." The young man replied, before realizing what his aunty said. "With Bernie?" The young man looked puzzled, before taking his eyes off the television for a moment to look at the two women. "Doctor Bernie." Jason smiled, before getting out of his seat and hugging the blonde. Slightly taken aback Bernie smiled, hugging Jason back. "What are you doing here? Aunty Serena said we were meeting you in Ukraine, not Berlin. That's why you failed geography isn't it aunty Serena. You thought Berlin was in Ukraine didn't you?" Serena and Bernie laughed slightly as Jason looked genuinely confused. "Well Jason, it looks as though you were coming to see me, and I was coming to see you, and a coincidence brought us both here." Bernie replied as she smiled to Jason. "Call it fate." The blonde added as she looked to Serena, smiling deeply into the brunette's eyes. "Fate." Serena said as she stared deeply into Bernie's soul. "Aren't you going to the cafeteria then Aunty Serena?" Jason asked, still looking rather confused. "Will you be alright on your own for half an hour?" Serena asked, looking concerned for her nephew. "Of course, you have a lot of catching up to do with Bernie. I understand now Aunty Serena. I completely understand." Jason replied. And with that, the two women wondered off to the cafeteria together.