Gamma

: I want to thank  Whiskeyqueenn for sharing her creativity with me and inspiring this side story.: 

I miss summer vacation. School has us so busy, we can't spend anytime together. Except at lunch and they we are too busy stuffing our faces with whatever sweets Rya's mom is teaching us to cook. I notice Alpha Clayton is keeping an eye on us. Rya says it's his job, but he always seems to be in the same hallway as we are. It's kinda freaking me out. He's a senior so he only has a three-quarter load but he has been hanging around till the end of the day, and because of it, the bullying is a lot less. Maybe that is what he is trying to do. I really hope so because his mate is one of the biggest she-bullies in the school. 

My brother Charlie hangs out with his group a lot. It's the pack seniors, the Alpha, and Luna, who happens to also be our current Beta's only child, and the juniors, the Delta twins, Brian and Bianca, and of course, my brother who is a junior but sometimes, he when acts as shitty as the rest of them, I think he needs a diaper change. 

Do you hear snickering? Honestly, since I hit my head I hear the weirdest things.

 Anyway, they make up their own little elitist pack. I hate the word 'elitist' but it fits the whole Adams pack. My mom wants me to invite Bryan to my 16th but I hate him, almost as much as I hate his sister Bianca. She is still mad at me because I refuse to drop Tina and Rya as friends, even though they are 'beneath me'. 

Groan, did you hear that? Don't even have my wolf yet and I can hear her groaning about it too. Bet she even rolled her eyes.

"Cora, honeysuckle, come to my office," My mother calls from her office. Mom is real estate agent and works from home sometimes. If she is being this polite, we have a guest. When she calls me honeysuckle or any endearment, it means trouble. But when am I not in trouble? Ummm, neeee-vvvver.

Charlie smirks at me, "Bet your in trouble again, radical."

"Better than being a brown nose," I hiss back, dumping my backpack on the chair, evading his attempt to punch my shoulder. He stronger than I am but I'm faster. He's taught me a few tricks about how to defend myself but our pack doesn't really teach she-wolves how to fight.

Adams' Rules for girls: look pretty, have babies, keep your voice down. Insert eye roll here!

"Yes moth..." I stop and stare, before quickly bowing my head in respect, "Luna Catherine."

"Hello Cora dear, your mother was just telling me how well you are doing in school and athletics." Her voice drips like molasses, velvety and smooth.

"Yes Luna," I keep my head down and voice low. I can feel her watching me.

"You are also a Sophomore student council representative, and volunteer at the pack house," She states more than asks.

"Yes Luna," I murmur, I have never felt so intimidated in my life.

"You have excellent potential, Cora. Your coming of age is an excellent opportunity to do things for this pack. That is why I personally am going to see to your 16th birthday celebration. As our only Gamma female, this is a chance to increase your status and help create an alliance with another pack. Your mother has all the details. I will see you that Friday at noon." Luna Catherine rises gracefully from the wingback chair, nods to my mother and turns to leave.

I realize in a moment that my friends may not be invited. "Luna Catherine?" Her dark eyes regard me.

"I want..." Her perfect eyebrow raises.