Being Alphas and Betas

The Characters of Clayton, Rya, Kennedy, Dallas, and the Valentines belong to Rachelle. The character of Cora is expanded on with Permission from Rachelle, and is written for the pleasure of the International Wildflower Pack, the WhiskeyQueenn fandom. #WildflowersUnited #iwp

::  Wattys 2016 ::: CLAYTON WON!::

Being Alphas and Betas

Matthew's POV

At dawn on Friday, I walk with Cora and Miles to meet the Alpha of Adams pack. She is going to have the Alpha Command that has tormented her for almost 7 years removed. Mark is at home with Blessing and baby Corina, just in case. I can't have his wolf attacking Alpha Adams again, they have no idea how luck they were Dr Valentine was there to intervene. Mark's wolf is nearly feral and almost never fails to kill whatever angers him. He is so afraid for his mate, he isn't thinking straight. All he can see is Mama dying that day and how much it hurt. 

Cora doesn't believe she will die and neither do I. My brother's mate is the most powerful female I have ever encountered and she doesn't even realize it. She will change any pack she lives in. Some day I will step aside and let Mark become Alpha just so Cora can be Luna.  Hell, I'll let her be Luna even if Mark refuses to be Alpha. All we have to do is find Rya a new mate. I still can't believe that sweet she-wolf with the moon blessed eyes was rejected by her true mate. 

And as my grandma says, speak of the devil and he shall appear, and with his father, the Alpha, and their no good Beta. I stand on Cora's left, Miles on her right. Miles and I both tip our cowboy hats respectfully. Grandma taught us manners and Dad expects us to keep the peace, it is why we are here and not Mark. He and his wolf would just as soon send for the warriors and wipe this pack out.

"Alpha Adams, Alpha Clayton, Beta Killian," I greet them in a low tone. I am an Alpha stronger that any of them, I will not bow or bend my neck to wolves who would defy the Moon Goddess' choice and even flaunt their defiance. "This is my brother and Beta, Miles."

"Alpha Kincaid. We were not expecting you to be with Cora today. Where's your brother, her mate?" Alpha Adams asks warily.

"He's at home with our sister and his child, his wolf is nearly feral since Mama's death, and Dad didn't want him to start a war if Cora is overly hurt by your mistake," Miles growls. He and Killian are giving each other the stink eye, but I know my just-younger brother could take him in a fair fight but according to Cora ain't nothing he does is fair. So if it comes down to a fight, I'll kill him while Miles deals with the Alphas... 'If our Luna leaves  any of them for us...'  My wolf points out, he loves to point out how strong our Luna is. She isn't even his mate, but I have no doubt he would die for her, I would too. 

"Cora will be fine, she's strong-willed," Clayton says. "We didn't know it couldn't just be removed."

"Every Alpha should know the benefit and burden of the command," Miles snarls, showing his teeth. "Now take it off. If it isn't removed or if she dies, Big Sky warriors will paint the grass of Adams territory red."

"Miles! Enough!" Cora snaps, showing her power, "There will be no war. If I die, you will take Corina and R... Rya and g... go."

Clayton growls and Cora levels him with a look, "I will not leave her unprotected so Princess Kennedy can continue to play at Luna. I promised Luna Catherine I would stay and do my duty, and I will. But I will also protect HER. She is Moon Blessed."

"No one will touch her," he growled.

"You're not her mate anymore, Clayton. And Killian has been telling me since I was 17, he would have her killed if I didn't play by the rules. I will keep my promise to protect her, to protect all the lesser she-wolves from his 'attentions'." Her eyes shifted to the wolf who has caused her so much pain. "Alpha Adams, I have obeyed, now take off the command, or shall I tell Luna Catherine you refused again." Cora's voice is burning cold like silver and ice. She makes me proud.