Cowboy Wolves, ohmy!

The Characters of Clayton, Rya, Kennedy, Dallas, and the Valentines belong to Rachelle. The character of Cora is expanded on with Permission from Rachelle, and is written for the pleasure of the International Wildflower Pack, the WhiskeyQueenn fandom. #WildflowersUnited #iwp

::Special thanks to Rachelle for the inspiration for our Sidestory::

:::For Monica Agentmg17  and the #IWP  Inter_WildflowerPack

Who loves Cowboy wolves? We do.:::

Cowboy Wolves, ohmy!

Finally the week long Western Livestock Show, was winding down. I had not seen the Urban wolves again and was grateful! I did not need their drama or to see Jamison. I had enough problems with a certain cowboy Beta and his cookie-holic horse showing up every morning as we set up and evening as we packed up. He had repeatedly tried to get me to go to dinner with him, just nope, no more dating. Waiting for my mate. At least his horse smelled good. This winter venue was definitely not my thing, I was tired of being cold and honestly I felt like I was coming down with something. Only one more day of cookie making left then I was going to sleep for a week. At least all the cowboys looked good, I never would have thought I had a thing for wolves in Wranglers and Stetsons but dammmn... even my wolf approved. 'Eye-candy on the menu for this young, single she-wolf.' I just rolled my eyes at her.

~

"Third place in the People's Choice Award goes to Cora Shill, Ms Shill is a private chef for Flatirons Industry and volunteer culinary arts teacher." 

I smiled as I accepted the award. The Margarita cookies had also gotten a special mention award for most unique flavor. I tried to keep a pleasant expression as I stalked back to the truck. THIRD freaking PLACE! Everyone congratulated me for making a showing in my first ever competition but I felt defeated. I had failed, my cookies had failed, my concept failed. We needed the second place or better first place. I knew that Yes, Luna Loui and the Red Hatters were proud of me. The Flatirons pack was already happy with my top 10 showing, but I was used to being the best. It was an uncomfortable feeling to have been beaten, one I was not used to. My brain went over and over what I could have done better. All I could do was wait for the final Judge's awards and hope for better. Hope I did not have because I felt completely out of my element. Adding to it, I had woken with a headache and feeling slightly feverish, there were few bugs that affected wolves but the ones that did were miserable. I did not look forward to losing and being sick. As I looked at the posted ratings and reviews, I was rudely shoved from behind, falling into the shoveled snow. I rolled over, ready to chew on whomever had pushed me, only to look up into Shotgun's golden horse face. He looked down at me smugly.

Can horses look smug? WHHYYYyyyy Goddess, did this equine feel the need to torment meeee!?!? 

And my wolf just laughed at me. 'My boo loves us...' Cue eye roll.

I stood up slowly, holding out my palm to the horse, at least the beast smelled good. The other horses I had encountered in the last week just smelled like they could be prey, but Shotgun Sam smelled like creme fresh with orange and toasted almonds, or maybe sesame mandarin sauce over sweet rice,  something like that combined with homemade butter bread baking on a cool afternoon. Something sweet and savory at the same time but comforting too. Like the perfect meal, just wonderful. After getting over our initial fear of the giant golden horse, my wolf just wanted to rub herself all over him or eat him, she couldn't decide which. She is so weird!