Forked Tongues

The Characters of Clayton, Rya, Kennedy, Dallas, and the Valentines belong to Rachelle. The character of Cora is expanded on with Permission from Rachelle, and is written for the pleasure of the International Wildflower Pack, the WhiskeyQueenn fandom. #WildflowersUnited #iwp  

::special thanks for the inspiration for this sidestory 

and the use of her amazing characters::

Forked Tongues

As much as my wolf wanted to show herself and pee on Alpha Adams' desk, we resisted. We kept our heads bowed slightly in respect and hid what we had become. Charlie had graduated and I had to be allowed to return to Adams Pack for our senior year. Luna Catherine was watching me intently, I could not lie to the Alphas, but I did not have to tell the whole truth either. I had learned that lesson and many others  well from many different Lunas and Beta Females  as Grandmama Coraline and I had traveled the world in search of my next 'cooking lesson'. Very few knew I was Adams pack, to most I was the Goddess-daughter of the Noble Alpha being taken 'hunting for my mate' by my grandmother. I kept my answers simple, just the facts ma'am. My wolf enjoyed watching old tv shows with Alpha Forest entirely too much, Too Much. She's so weird.

"I spent my time studying hard, maintained A's and B+'s, learning culinary skills, and the roles of higher wolves in different pack structures for packs both here and overseas," I answered. All of my school work had been forwarded to Luna Catherine at her request, another way to keep me on their leash but what they didn't realize was that in the age of the internet, I had attended school from everywhere except Noble pack territory. And I mean everywhere, well, except Australia, an unfortunate Wolfbook post had got us caught, well almost caught. 

"And your grandmother took you to the Philippines for spring break?" Luna Catherine's words sounded like lemon and bitters.

"Yes Luna, to El Nido Resort on Lagen Island. Her friend, Luna Shin-mai of Tsang-Lao invited us. It was very exciting." I couldn't resist the little rub. Tsang-Lao pack was the longest single existing pack in the world, dating back nearly 5,000 years, even older than Sparta. Their code of honor was unique and their history was amazing. And the food, oh my Goddess, the food, I should weigh a thousand pounds.

"So you didn't know you were going to the Pacific Rim Alpha Gathering?" She persisted and I realized she was jealous. Luna Catherine was jealous of me. My wolf snickered but I kept my face straight.

"No, Luna." 

It was an invitation only gathering of the most powerful packs in the pacific. From Russia, my grandmother had called retired Luna Shin-mai, asking if we could come for a visit before we headed home. We spent months in China with her pack then were invited the meeting. They had known each other during the great war and had spent time fighting together and rescuing trapped wolves from behind enemy lines in Japanese-occupied China. They had many crazy, humorous, and disturbing stories together. Oh my virgin ears! My wolf had laughed at me more times that month than I could keep track. On this trip, I realized my grandmother would have made a great Luna.

Luna Catherine turned the laptop on the desk toward me, on the screen are lots of pictures of beautiful, young wolves partying hard. I am in several. "I hope you didn't embarrass our pack too much," she says snidely.

"No, Luna, I don't think..." her look said otherwise, "I'm sorry, Luna Catherine."

"I think your father made a mistake to send you to live with your grandmother, it appears she was a poor influence upon you," she sounded judgmental, like she has room to talk. We would choose our grandmother's influence over yours any day.