Beta Female

The Characters of Clayton, Rya, Kennedy, Dallas, and the Valentines belong to Rachelle. The character of Cora is expanded on with Permission from Rachelle, and is written for the pleasure of the International Wildflower Pack, the WhiskeyQueenn fandom. #WildflowersUnited #iwp

::Special thanks to Whiskeyqueenn Rachelle for allowing Cora to cook in her world.::

::for Lalatos and petrap73 - the princess and the dumplings::

Beta Female

Cora's POV

After the fire, they stopped having daily meal at the pack house, it was hurting the pack's dynamic. Our already disconnected wolves were becoming further separated, I was fighting it with Saturday brunches and Sunday dinners. In a month, we are having another full pack social. My third since taking over, I have to plan it now because I will either be in labor or have a newborn then. As I sit in my small office, I am grateful that Luna Catherine allows me to plan the events and brunches now. After the fire, she put a stop to Kennedy's outlandish request, hard to prepare trendy food, and expensive menus.

I still smile thinking about the the dim sum disaster, well it wasn't a disaster for me. The food was perfect, Shin-Mai would have been proud. I had warned Luna Stella and her entourage before hand about the table top steamers and to sit near the windows, which were cracked open in spite of the snow on the ground outside. I had placed Luna Catherine at Luna Stella's table, but Kennedy and her court at the largest round table in the center of the room with 8 large Zhēnglóng. They literally melted, well not literally, but they looked like they were melting as their hair and make-up succumbed to the steam. 

Luna Catherine was not amused, but by the end, even she was trying not to laugh as the course of dessert dumplings of sweetened rice and fruit was served with jasmine tea and the steamers were refilled with boiling water to keep them "fresh and properly warmed." It was like eating in a sauna. Afterward, Kennedy was mad, and accusing me of sabotaging her but she was forced to admit, I had done exactly what she asked and that I had suggested a buffet. That was a good day. A very good day for me and my wolf. 

 A knock drew my attention. "Come in." 

I rose quickly and walked around the desk before bowing, "Luna Catherine, Kennedy. How can I help you?" The Luna and I had a truce; Kennedy and I, not so much.

"How are you feeling Cora? Is your pup well?" Luna Catherine asks and I can't tell if she really cares or is simply asking, she always manages to sound so sincere.

"We are well. Gretchen wants us to quit working now but Dr Valentine says as long as I'm not on my feet overly much, we will be fine. I am organizing the kitchens to run on autopilot while I am home with my pup," I explain. 

I notice Kennedy looks pained at the mention of my pup. She and Clayton will never have a pup, revenge of the Moon for denying his blessed true mate for his beautiful impostor. Somehow I manage to keep my expression pleasantly neutral.

Luna Catherine smiles, "Old she-wolves who have never had pups seldom realize how strong and determined pregnant she-wolves are." I let the slight against Gretchen pass. Catherine did not know the truth of Gretchen's past.

"Or grumpy. Mark is so nervous, I think he is afraid I'll bite him in half or something. And if he doesn't quit eating my cravings, I just might but he does drive to the grocery for anything I want... I feel so spoiled." I give an exaggerated sigh. Everyone knows Kennedy and Clayton are having problems right now, I might as well rub my happiness in her face. "Mates, can't live with them, can't make them carry the pup." I add with a light laugh, twisting the silver blade of my words for Kennedy's suffering.