When You First Meet (Akatsuki)

Pein~

I was in the tattoo shop today to get some ear cleaner. I just got my ears pierced and I needed to get ear sanitizer. Somehow, though, today was a busy day, and there was a wait. No matter how small the errand, you had to wait for almost three hours.

I was very upset but was grateful I was not the guy who just walked in. He wore a ankle length coat, that was mostly black with red cloud print, along with a red line down the front of his jacket. It also had a collar that hid everything but his eyes and hair. His hair was a very bright orange, and his eyes were memorizing. They were a pale purple with very thin black lines around the pupil. His stance resembled power, and it was enough to make me shiver.

I didn't notice I was starting until I saw him looking right into my eyes. I blush and turn around to face the almost end of the line. After about thirty minutes, I finally got to the counter. I paid the man for the ear sanitizer, and quickly get out of there. On my way out I didn't notice the man with orange hair watch me leave. Once I got out I finally realized that I was indeed very hungry.

I walk down the street to a nice little cafe for some peace and quiet, since it looked like business was slow. As I took a seat I saw the orange haired man outside the window and across the street. He was staring, and it was kind of freaking me out. I look at the book I had in my hand for one second and look back up, to notice he was gone.

I heard the bell of the cafe door open, to see the same man at the counter. The cafe was styled to order your food, she sit down, very much like a school lunchroom. I watch over my book what he was doing. He ordered something, but I couldn't make it out. His voice sounded deep and husky. He was then cashed out and takes his plate and mug, walking over to my booth. I was starting to freak out, and I nearly had a heart attack when he sat down across from me. I decide to stay silent and continue to read my book which I kept over my face to hide my panic stricken eyes.

"You know it's rude to stare."

The sudden small talk and his deep, gorgeous voice made me jump and my book hit the table with a loud thunk in the quiet cafe. I look up to see him looking at me like I have a screw loose. "I-I'm sorry that I stared at you in the tattoo shop...."

He just shrug and continues to eat his pastry, while sipping his hot beverage. "I didn't see anything rude about the way you stared at me. I think you were curious."

"Congrats you figured me out...." I mutter. "Why are you following me?" I questioned him, leaning in to hear his answer. He looks at me with those intense pale purple eyes. "You're the first girl who didn't look at me like I was a freak."

I was about ready to chew him out about being a creep, but all the steam left in an instant at his reply. I blush in embarrassment, looking away from him. "Oh..."

There was a silence for a while, then I look at him. "Why were you at the tattoo shop?" He looks up from his food. "I was getting piercing cleanser. I took out my piercings because they got infected. So I now have to clean them every night before bed."

"Where are your piercings?" I still couldn't see from the eyes down. He unzipped the jacket to his collarbone and opens it up. They were under his lips and on both sides of his nose, three piercings in a row on either side. I also noticed that he had them on the under sides of both wrists.

"Where else do you have pierced?" I asked. I was actually very fascinated with piercings, I wasn't freaked out at all by them. He rolled up his sleeves to reveal some in his arms. "That's about all I can show without you getting uncomfortable, but I have some in my legs and stomach."

"Cool." I smile and finish my food, then look at the time. "Oh goodness I'll be late. It was very nice to meet you....?"

"Pein. Pein Tendo." He held out his hand. I take it, shaking it happily. "I'm (Y/N), (Y/N) (L/N). I'll see you around?"